First Indoor Grow Attempt

kathyvletta

420 Member
Hi there. I hope I’m posting this in the appropriate place.
This is my first attempt at growing indoors...

I have a plant which I’ve been growing since it was a baby clone, however I do not know what strain it is, nor do I have any information about where it came from, as it was given to a friend who passed it on to me...
that being said, so far I’ve had the plant in a consistent light schedule of 16 hours on, 8 hours off... I was under the impression that this would hold it in veg cycle, however I’m seeing signs that the plant has started to go into flowering phase.

my question is: does this mean my plant is an auto flowering variety? And if so, am I able to keep the light schedule as it is at 16 on 8 off... or should I switch to 12on/12off like a normal flowering process indoors would be?
Any help with this is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!!

Kathy
22262C99-D35A-4E95-A840-D818F5485D72.jpeg
43942EB9-BDE0-49B9-B117-EB2AF4B9AB01.jpeg

They could be preflowers. Other things can cause this. You can go ahead and turn the lights to 18 on 6 off and it will force the plant back into veg. You can flip to 12-12 or 13-11 and let her flower. 16 hours is right on the edge of veg lighting hours.
How old is the plant? That’s a big plant that hasnot gone through stretch yet. Go much longer and you may hit the lights.

They could be preflowers. Other things can cause this. You can go ahead and turn the lights to 18 on 6 off and it will force the plant back into veg. You can flip to 12-12 or 13-11 and let her flower. 16 hours is right on the edge of veg lighting hours.
How old is the plant? That’s a big plant that hasnot gone through stretch yet. Go much longer and you may hit the lights.
Thank you for your reply...
I’ve had the plant for 7 weeks... not sure how old it was when I got it, but it was smaller than other clones I’ve gotten (and grown outdoors) in the past.
You mentioned the height, and yes I’ve been a bit concerned there because I have two 600W leds in the tent at max height and only 19” clearance from the canopy as of now... Is it true that I should have atleast 16” of space during flowering for the amount of light I’m using?

Totally agree with your assessment; those are preflowers.
If that was an Auto being that large, those would be easily recognizable buds by now.
Given the size of that, it is pretty normal to be seeing those by now, but you can continue to veg if that is what you want

Thank you for your reply...
I’ve had the plant for 7 weeks... not sure how old it was when I got it, but it was smaller than other clones I’ve gotten (and grown outdoors) in the past.
You mentioned the height, and yes I’ve been a bit concerned there because I have two 600W leds in the tent at max height and only 19” clearance from the canopy as of now... Is it true that I should have atleast 16” of space during flowering for the amount of light I’m using?
Only 19"? flip them now! If they do look like they will hit the lights you can rub the stalk to break-down the inner fibers very carefully and lay them over so the colas don't reach the lights. I've also let them hit before. It does kind of "burn" them back a little

Back
Top Bottom