just got a 600watt my and hps system

concretetrees

The 600 watt his is hps 2000k and mh is 4300. First is a 4300k a wast ofy time and second is what distance should I use from the plants. I got a out vent and I incoming fan from the floor in my basement.helps with cooling .one fan on the plants and one on the ballast. The m growing speed bevil, white widow and super skunk. Any advice.all so the temp stays about 68°to 80°f...

HPSGraphPAR31.jpg

That chart is good for determining Lumenal output, but the more important thing to consider is heat, which that chart does not take in to consideration.

No MH is not a waste, it is the preferred light spectrum for vegetating plants, and HPS is preferred for flowering.

I have a 400W cooltube hood with sealed exhaust and 14" from the light is pushing it with the heat. Start at 18" and place your hand at the top of the canopy for 1 minute. If your hand isn't burning then it is safe.

I also have had a lot of people tell me that a 4200k MH is not good eather. But on the lighter side, I have no problem the temps in check. Hottest it ever got was 89F in my basement.got a bathroom with a shower stall that's 5 and half sq ft in my basement.its got a exhaust fan but the smell is hard to cover...

Well ye people have been using MH for years now it grows plants but 4200k is vastly around the yellow part of the colour spectrum & more likely got loads of lumen... should put a little bit of the blue end of the spectrum being a MH tho.

Might want to do some research on kelvin colour charts/ratios etc another measurement used is Nm i think that is nano meters ?

Then check out Chlorophyll A & B... ya see where these peak most in the colour spectrum :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom