Just starting up

Supernaut

Hey all, this is my first post so it's going to be a long one so I can give some detail.

First off, I am beginning to grow medical marijuana for myself and a family member in Michigan. This is my first grow but I have educated myself pretty well with over 150 hours of reading, researching, visiting other grow rooms and just generally taking in as much information as possible up to this point. I like to take in info from a plethora of resources and then mold it into what I think will work.

I kind of got ahead of myself and started germinating in a temporary space available in my basement while I built my real veg room. I had about a 93% success rate in germination of my seeds. I had a few strains and tried a few of each kind in a different way. I floated a few in a coffee cup, a few in a moist paper towel, a few in a paper towel submerged in water in a deep sided saucer and a few sowed directly into some soil. The moist paper towel was the fastest way, taproots showed within 24-54 hours but had a few that didn't germinate. Could have gotten too dry, but I don't think they did because I was on top of keeping it moist. It could have just been a couple bad seeds. Floating in water had the highest success rate, every seed germinated within 4 days, had to poke them after 1.5-2 days to get them to sink. Right now I have ~30 5-6' seedlings, I know it's a little much but I assume the law of averages will cut them down to ~15 females. ----> Pics and more details on my future plans later.

Anyway here's my dilemma, I need to move the seedlings from my temporary room to the room I built. It's not far, only about 50' across the basement. Should I do this when their lights are off and expose them to a small amount of light for 1-3 minutes or should I do it while the lights are on and deprive them of their sufficient lumens for 1-3 minutes?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I've read a lot on these forums and others and this seemed like the best place to register and become part of the community!

Thanks again all.

Back
Top Bottom