Kelvin lumens

cannonballer

does anyone know the difference between the two? I see different lights with different watts different kelvins different lumens. Which do i need more of. Thanks alot.

LOL tell you what I had about 3 little ones and whatever i did didnt work. My little plants died. I think I suck at the greenthumb thing. I had CFL's they died in like 3 days LOL. I think my bulbs had high kelvins i dunno but hope you do better than me. oh i dont know what a kelvin is vs/lumens but thought id share my story with you. Peace :)

Can you define Candela (cd), Lumen (lm) and Kelvin (K)?

CANDELA (cd) - The international unit (SI) of luminous intensity. The term has been in use since the early days of lighting when a standard candle of a fixed size and composition was used as a basis for evaluating the intensity of other light sources. This unit is used in measuring headlight output; basically the higher the number is the brighter the light is. LUMEN (lm) - The international unit (SI) of luminous flux (quantity of light).

What is Lumen (lm)?
The international unit (SI) of luminous flux (quantity of lights). For example, a dinner candle produces about 12 lumens and a standard 60-watt incandescent bulb produces 830 lumens. The higher the number is, the brighter the light is.

What is Kelvin (K)?
A basic unit of thermodynamic temperature (colour temperature) used to measure the whiteness of the light output. The higher the number is, the whiter the light is. When over 5000K the light begins to turn to blue as daylight.

What is a candela?
A candela is a unit of measure indicating the luminous intensity (candlepower) of a light source in a specific direction; any given light source will have many different intensities, depending upon the direction considered.

Speaking of this Kelvin temperature (K), is higher the better?
We don't recommend using capsules with temperature higher than 6,000K. For show use, you may opt for 8,000 or 9,000 K capsules.

Lumen is the unit of measure for the light energy which flows in air. The total light output from electric sources is expressed in lumens. A1100 lumens projector, for example, is appropriate for use with a small audience in a room where the lights are dimmed. For larger audiences ,brighter venues or detailed images like spreadsheets you need brighter projectors with higher lumens.

Is it "kelvins" or "degrees Kelvin"? Celsius? Centigrade?
In older material you'll run across "degrees Kelvin," symbol °K, but that usage was officially declared obsolete in 1980. Celsius temperature is expressed in degrees Celsius (small "d," capital "C"), with symbol °C. The old term "degree centigrade" was officially eliminated in 1948.

What would the difference in Kelvin temperature be?
the operating voltage is lowered the temperature of the filament decreases, the Kelvin color temperature will then decrease.

What is Kelvin temperature?
Kelvin temperature is often referred to as color temperature. It describes the actual appearance of the light itself. Higher temperatures represent a cooler appearance while lower temperatures represent a warmer appearance.

What are Kelvin Degrees
It's the measurement of the color temperature that a light produces. A lower temperature indicates a warmer light that has more yellow, while higher temperature would indicate a cooler light that has more blue in color appearance.

What is an ANSI lumen?
This is measure of brightness as defined by the American National Standards Institute. A brightness of 1000 ANSI lumens will project a good image in a well lit room. Higher brightness allows larger images for presentations to more people.

spectrum.jpg

Back
Top Bottom