Konvict's Bagseed Indoor Hydro - 2010

Konvict

Hello all, this is my first attempt at an indoor hydro so I will be needing some help as I go along. Heres some information to start...
  • 18 Gal. Storage Container
  • 20-30 Gal. Aquarium air pump
  • 2x 4 inch bubble stones
  • 4 CFL bulbs 100W 5600K 1700 lumens (each)
  • Technaflora Nutes

The seeds are a bagseed of some local homegrown middies. It is more of a nasally haze type. I will be growing these DWC style, 4 Plants in total for a start... Now some questions...
  • Should I invest in a bigger container?
  • CFL's from what I understand tend to make the plant stretch, any tips to control this?

Thanks for all your help in advance.
<3universal peace n love<3

:welcome: to 420! I don't have time to answer your Q at the moment, however I will ship a pm to a dude with this link... And someone will come help you out! :peace: :peace:and welcome to 420! ;)

to help keep your stretch down, you want to keep the lights really close to your plants. You can keep CFL's a couple of inches from the tops safely. Just put your hand above the plant for about a minute, if your hand gets hot, move the lights up a bit and try it again. I could keep my 42W CFL's an inch from my plants with no problems.

If you're planning on growing 4 plants, I would definitely pick up some more lights along the way. Generally, you want about 2500 lumens per plant. Also, just throwing it out there, a HID light will definitely make a world of difference. I grew using CFL's and HID, and there is a huge difference. Stick with what you have, and just try to make each grow better than the last.

Those lights will be enough to veg them, but for flowering I would definitely get a couple more of them.

Also, since you're planning on using CFL's, I would LST them to get the canopy as low and even as possible.. This way you can use more of the light as CFL's light intensity degrades quickly.

welcome bro this is a good site to learn specially if your willing to take the time to read some forums Rosemans in particularly but this is my first grow as well you should come check it out, But somebody correct me if im wrong an 18 gal container ought to be plenty im growin 2 in a 5 gal bucket good luck with bro

welcome bro this is a good site to learn specially if your willing to take the time to read some forums Rosemans in particularly but this is my first grow as well you should come check it out, But somebody correct me if im wrong an 18 gal container ought to be plenty im growin 2 in a 5 gal bucket good luck with bro
yeah an 18 gal container should be fine for 4 plants

18 gal = about 150 lb of water, hope you got a plan. I have 5 gals with 1 plant per, and they fill up about 1 gal of volume in roots alone. (I add 15 liters and the mark shows 20L) 4 in a pot, without knowing sex, will spell trouble. Two of my rezes have old root mass still decomposing in it, they were impossible to remove.

As for the cfl's, you can keep em about 4-6 inches from the plants. My mom/clone room has 2 45W cfl's for about 8 clones and 3 moms.

My flowering room has a 430W HPS with added blue spectrum, and four 45W CFL's, two 5000K two 6500K. The side lighting keeps em nice and compact.

I am running two 18 gallon totes and they both take about 14 gallons of water. That way I have my water 2" below the net pots for air. I use a drill pump I picked up at homedepot to empty the totes into smaller bucket to change the water... And like the others have said keep the CFLs close and keep a fan on them. Use any light over 3000K to 6500K to help with reducing stretch along with your 2700K you use to flower...

On side note, I have three plants in 1 tote right now and to me it just seems crowded, they are 4 weeks plus in veg right now... So later this week they will all go into 3 5 gallon buckets to spread out... :peace:

OK, sorry for such the long wait for a new post, money has been tight so my project was delayed, I have a mother 2 months in now (will post pics) Dark green Indica with purple leaf edges and signs of purple on the stem. It looks like a keeper, so I am grabbing some root gel in the next week to prepare for some cloning.

Back
Top Bottom