Kough Drop By Duke Diamond

Dude Stoneder

This is my simple review of Kough Drop, bred by Duke Diamond of Dominion Seed Company. It’s a poly hybrid. Strawberry Afghani X Screaming Eagle. I bought this breed because I’m a fan of fruity cultivars. I have also always been intrigued with Kyle Kushman’s Strawberry Cough, which is incorporated into the Kough Drop strain.

I only started 3 seeds of the 12 pack. 100% germination. Vigorous seedlings. Fast growing. All three plants ended up female. Two very different phenotypes. Two were short and squat. The third was very tall, sativa growth traits. A lot of bending and super cropping this girl to keep her in the light zone.

Grew these organically With 3 gallon pots in Foxfarm, Ocean Grow soil. Primary feeding was with top dressed, composted chicken manure. 1000 watt MH in a 5x5 grow tent.

These plants matched the breeders description fairly accurately. They smelled fruity from the beginning. As soon as I could start sampling a stem rub, I could pick up the scent of strawberries. Good, thick strawberry aroma too, not faint at all. Curiously, the tall pheno went through a stage for a few weeks where she smelled like orange blossoms. But she ended up reverting back to Strawberry jam towards the end. All the plants were very frosty and maintained vigorous, fast grow rates during the entire grow.

Buds dried nicely and smell of musky dried strawberries. Reminds me of the dried fruit section in those fancier grocery stores. Dried these at 70 degrees @ 50% humidity for 7 days. They’ve been curing for several months in sealed mason jars. Flowers are not dense but they aren’t fluffy either. I’d say it’s a medium texture, much like a stale marshmallow that sat in the fridge for a few hours. Fruity strawberry smell has remained with the bud during cure time. Strawberry is the overwhelming dominant aroma. No skunk, no sour, no pine...... just strong, fruity Strawberry scent.

I invited a friend over for a tasting/smoke session. Samples were smoked in a clean glass pipe with a new screen. My friend gave the same description of scent and aroma, sweet candied strawberry. I wish I could report that the scent transferred on to the smoke flavor, but it does not. Instead of tasting strawberries, the taste is of sugar edged hash. Thick smoke, like blowing out whipped cream thick. Again, the taste of sweetened hashish is the dominant flavor. Very pleasant, but I’m sure everyone would want to taste strawberries. I’ll take the sweet hash flavor though. I’m happy with that.

The buzz didn’t start quickly nor was it a creeper. Just a slow ramp up. Five minutes after your last hit.... you’re feeling it. I took 3 nice tokes and kicked back to assess this new strain. Good thing I only took three hits. If you Don’t like to be overwhelmed, overpowered, clotheslined, piledrived from the top turnbuckle...... don’t smoke this strain. Holy jibb jabb! Ten minutes after smoking and I’m trying to talk myself in believing I’m ok. Freak out in isle 2! Ok, just should’ve taken a single toke. You’ll be ok kid, just talk to your friend for a minute.... everything is going to be fine. I look over at my friend to start a friendly chat whilst trying to conceal my complete meltdown...... nope, talking with my friend is definitely not helping since his head is appearing to be twice the size of a normal human head. Damn Spock, this shits too potent. I stand up to walk around a bit, yeah, walking around will help...... nope, I’m looking around at my once familiar, comfortable house and I’m feeling like I’m in some backwoods shack from the movie Deliverance. Feels like I’m in Alcatraz. Freaking the fuck out, I sit back down. My large headed friend is still jibbering on about something I can’t follow. Meanwhile I’m strapped to a 747 headed straight for the ground. Mayday, mayday, mayday...... Houston, we have a problem. Extreme potency.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy a good freak out buzz. I find redeeming attributes to such a buzz. However, when you’re in the middle of the experience......well, it’s a little uncomfortable. Some of you will understand.

This was a long lived buzz too. 5 hours folks. No shit and for reals. Another strange manifestation of smoking Kough Drop was a strange physical effect of being cold as heck. Here it is, the middle of Summer and I have the AC running, when suddenly I’m getting cold as hell. Like I’m in a blizzard. I’m shivering and freaking out..... my friend is still sporting and oversized cranium while carrying on a conversation with someone besides me. I actually had to make a mad dash to the closet to dig out a jacket. I’m shivering my ass off, neck getting cramps from shivering so hard. I’m laying on the couch by now. I finally muster the courage to inform my best friend that I am experiencing a mental meltdown.

Two hours later, the freak out portion of the buzz has ended but I’m still higher than a kite. This Kough Drop has me altered, but at least now the buzz is being reasonable. Body feels no pain nor discomfort. I can take huge, clear deep breaths. I think it would be a decent medical strain for pain. I keep expecting the munchies to kick in but they never really do. I make myself eat a snack just so I can return to a lower Earth orbit. I think some music or a funny movie might have helped with the early intensity of the buzz, but I was too stoned and preoccupied with self Psychotherapy to think of such simple remedies.

Five hours later, I’m still buzzing and crawling into bed for the night. Melted into the mattress. Felt like my joints and muscles were lubricated. I felt good. I reflected on the intensity of the smoke session and was satisfied with myself for selecting a good strain. A sense of pride for growing it into an overwhelming powerhouse. Duke Diamond created a monster with this breed IMO.

Good job Duke. I hope you find better days in front of you.

That sums up my report. I’ll attach a few photos as well. Buds growing and a shot of a random, cured flower. I rate my plants on effect..... and this one is a keeper.

Warm Regards,
Mick

Attachments

• CB78ADCF-68FB-417E-9793-40F380296D27.png
    CB78ADCF-68FB-417E-9793-40F380296D27.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 220
  • F3070C6D-C475-4C65-B04A-CFBEA5160256.jpeg
    F3070C6D-C475-4C65-B04A-CFBEA5160256.jpeg
    623.7 KB · Views: 290
Back
Top Bottom