LA-ASA Meeting & More

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Hello, LA-ASA Members! I am writing to give you some brief updates and remind you about Saturday1s LA-ASA chapter meeting. I hope to see you there.

What: LA-ASA Meeting

When: 1:00 PM * Saturday, September 19, 2009

Where: Patient ID Center, 470 S. San Vicente Blvd., Los Angeles 90048

Public Transit Info: metro.net | Transit Services and Information for Los Angeles County

More Info: don@safeaccessnow.org

That is not all that is happening on Saturday. We also need volunteers to staff the ASA information table at the 4th Annual West Hollywood Medical Cannabis Exposition. This annual community even is always a lot of fun. Get the details on the ASA Discussion Forums at ASA Forum / Info id=3728. Email don@safeaccessnow.org if you can help at the table!

---

Please mark your calendars for Tuesday, September 22, for two important meetings at LA City Hall. That is the day we expect the Los Angeles City Attorney1s office to send feedback on the proposed medical cannabis ordinance to the Planning and Land Use Management
(PLUM) Committee. Advocates will be responding to the City Attorney1s as-yet-unknown recommendations, and urging the City Council and PLUM Committee to move forward with sensible regulations as soon as possible.

Get the details on the ASA Discussion Forums at ASA Forum / Info id=3727

---

Recent federal and local raids in Southern California have left some patients and advocates feeling uneasy. I published a blog last week to help get local patients1 associations prepared for a raid
(Medical Cannabis: Voices from the Frontlines Blog Archive Getting Ready for a Raid), and sent a letter to LAPD Chief Bratton asking him not to use local police against legal collectives and cooperatives
(ASA Forum / Info id=3656).

This law enforcement activity reinforces that we are not done with the campaign to protect patients1 rights. Thanks for continuing to support ASA as we keep fighting to stop injustice like this: Medical Cannabis: Voices from the Frontlines Blog Archive ?Shock and Awe? Enforcement Has No Place in Civil Society

---

I look forward to seeing you all on Saturday and Tuesday!

Back
Top Bottom