Lansing Medical Marijuana Dispensary Owner Vows to Fight Charge

Jacob Bell

LANSING, MI - A Lansing medical marijuana dispensary owner maintained her innocence a day after she was charged with violating state election law by advertising free products in exchange for registering to vote.

Shekina Pena, owner of Your Healthy Choice Clinic, 628 E. Michigan Ave., said in a statement that she will challenge the charge.

"I am not guilty of what I'm being accused of; and I am going to fight," the statement issued Tuesday reads. "It's unfortunate and absurd that the attorney general wastes time playing politics by attacking me. The court of law is not a political forum."

Pena, 34, pleaded not guilty Monday to one misdemeanor count of influencing voters with money or other valuable consideration. A posting on her dispensary's website in July offered a free half-gram or free edible marijuana product to patients who registered to vote, along with a list of candidates for Lansing City Council that Your Healthy Choice supported.

The charge was filed through state Attorney General Bill Schuette and Secretary of State Ruth Johnson.

abb29.jpg

News Hawk- Jacob Ebel 420 MAGAZINE
Source: lansingstatejournal.com
Copyright: lansingstatejournal.com
Website: Lansing medical marijuana dispensary owner vows to fight charge

Back
Top Bottom