Large fan leaves

gloman

High everybody!
I've got a question about fan leaves.
I have a few very nice, huge plants outside. I don't use pestacides other than the organic home brews. Garlic, cayan pepper, rhubarb leaves.
These plants were planted close together in an attempt to change the appearance and I have to periodically remove some of the fan leaves to let sun in to the center of the "schrub".
These leaves have the occasional bug and mud and dusty dirt. I've been taking them in to the sink, trimming off the stems and rinsing the leaves in cold water to remove bugs, & dirt.
Will this washing hurt my potency? I want to bake them into brownies, but I don't want to wash away any THC.

Hi gloman,

No, I don't believe a gentle washing will hurt the potency. As your undooubtedly aware, THC is not water soluable.

Hi gloman,

No, I don't believe a gentle washing will hurt the potency. As your undooubtedly aware, THC is not water soluable.

Thanks, yes I am aware thc isn't water soluble. I guess my real question is, is the thc mostly on the outside of the leaves where it could be washed off or does it "roll through it's veins" (like me) in the inner juices?

Gloman,

That's an interesting question. I've always assumed that there is at least some THC in all the plant material, but most highly concentrated in the trichomes on the buds. I'm not gonna lie, as a teen back in the day we weren't afraid to smoke up some stems and make seed "butter" when supply ran short.

In preparing to respond to your clarification, I began to doubt the accuracy of my belief. I used the search feature and found this interesting although somewhat dry article already posted by TruthSeeker.

THC Accumulation In Glands Of Cannabis

If I'm (skim reading) this correctly, then my original belief would appear to have been correct with the caveat that THC concentrations vary greatly in other parts of plant at varying times in it's growth cycle.

On a side note - is this site not an absolutely fabulous resource!

Happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom