Late flower spider mites

walkingline

420 Member
Well, I was posting when I was having some problems with my first grow a few months ago: Hello, I'm a noob and in need of advice, of course

FFW to now, and my Chem Dawg that was vegging outside all summer has moved indoors for flowering (got pretty cold up here in Alberta early in October). Seems like everything was tickety-boo until I saw the spider mites today. I did notice the leaves spotting about a week or two ago, but didn't realize what I was looking at. There are a few strands of webs on most buds, but none are completely enveloped.

Anyway, I estimate that it's about a week out from harvest (most trichomes are milky, with some clear, but very few amber right now). I called my local grow shop, and they told me that I should just let it go for a week and harvest as per usual, do a close trim and discard the trim afterwards. And that the mites will just go away after harvest.

Good advice? What do you think? Should I harvest early? Should I bud wash after harvest? Should I discard all the trim (will the mites' sh*t be all over it)? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_7701.jpg
    IMG_7701.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 78
harvesting a bit early is a positive, not a negative.

if you can see webs then the mites have gone too far

gosh i so wish the "the mites will just go away after harvest"

harvest, do a good gentle bud wash and accept the fact that you will be smoking some mites. i have, it don't hurt

protein, right?

Haha, yeah. Extra protein... puts hair in your nose.

Bummed about these mites. This plant is a juggernaut. I guess I learned the hard way why you don’t bring outdoor plants indoors. Hopefully the mites won’t be too hard to eradicate in the grow room. I’m already planning for my next grow.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Yeah, I've been researching it pretty heavily the last day or so. I am heading out to get some 5 gallon buckets and a couple of lemons. I'm planning to do the 3 bucket system (1st with water and baking soda, 2nd with lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide, and 3rd with plain water). If there's still bug residue on the trim after that, I can probably do a cold water or dry ice extraction, and that stuff would get left behind. Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom