Leaf discoloration? Pics

Gee

Happy flowering everyone

This is my first year and dang, I took on a challenge. I’ve learned a lot.

All my plants lowest/oldest leaves are slowly yellowing. I think it pretty cool. It’s like a slow defoliation the plant is doing on its own.

My question is, is this normal to you. You’ll see leaves yellow at bottom and side. I intentionally added a pic from the top to show how healthy it is.

I likely need to prune more but I’m a newb and may get more aggressive next grow

F0F0185D-2512-4879-A4FA-E926D7C2ACB1.jpeg
AEFE6E2F-0DA4-477D-B7D7-04DB73C2C21E.jpeg

You are doing great so far! Good time to take action! More information is needed to get the correct answer. It's too early in flower for yellowing leaves in my experience.

Looks like nutrient burn to me. Deep green leaves, some clawing and dying tips. Have you switched to a flowering nutrients formula with less Nitrogen and extra PK? Can you flush the soil with 6.2 PH water? I can't tell; can extra runoff flow away within 20 minutes? It is recommended that plant be given10-20% extra water each watering to wash away salts and residue from the roots.

You are doing great so far! Good time to take action! More information is needed to get the correct answer. It's too early in flower for yellowing leaves in my experience.

Looks like nutrient burn to me. Deep green leaves, some clawing and dying tips. Have you switched to a flowering nutrients formula with less Nitrogen and extra PK? Can you flush the soil with 6.2 PH water? I can't tell; can extra runoff flow away within 20 minutes? It is recommended that plant be given10-20% extra water each watering to wash away salts and residue from the roots.

The strain is forbidden fruit. They’re growing in a 10 gallon pot made of fabric. During the vegetative stage I was feeding them feather meal only. They did great. The Blue Dream was sensatitve to N though. Transitioning into the flower stage, I’m using Growilla Bud by Botanicare that’s 2-5-4, AND use Alaska Morbloom which is 0-10-10, but I can only use a tiny bit without adding PH up, so instead I use it as a PH lowering additive occasionally, PH Down on days I don’t. Morbloom suggest a certain amount per gallon and it dropped the PH to 2 so I chose to not use it strictly for flower.

My water PH in the area is 8+. I lower to 6-6.2 or so. I add vitamin C to remove chlorine but it’s not filtered for Chloramine. It’s tap water

One thing I believe is a problem based on your response, the planters are in plastic trays to reabsorb run off.

Could this be issue? Could roots be filled w salts n stuff???????

Apologies for grammar. Tiny letters and sausage thumbs.

Got in tonight and flushed all plants. First I watered them until the started to run off then continued with an additional two halons per plant without the water pan. I’m hoping it is the roots that have been congested with salts and minerals.

If anyone could chime in, how long do you feel I should flush for? In one day or over several? What supplement do you recommend I restart with and how soon?

I have three strains, two do not show any signs of nitrogen toxicity but the blue dream in the above pic does and seems extremely sensitive to N. I am assuming restart feeding with the Growilla Bud except for the blue dream.

Is there a supplement that’s strictly PK?

Thanks again

Good job, I suspected built-up salt and fertilizer. Start with 1/2 strength fertilizer. It is possible to test the ppm in the run-off water. Experienced growers check the EC or ppm of the fertilizer solution. Adult plants can handle 800 -1400 ppm, quite a range. A cannabis growers bible recommends flushing with RO water with 50 PPM, a very light fertilizer amount for 15 minutes during the transition into flower. I use Seabird guano (Calcium and Potassium) as an organic flower fertilizer and an Amino Acid supplement. Roots organic uprising bloom is 3-6-4 as some nitrogen is needed week 1, 3 and 5 of bloom according to the fertilizer schedule. Hope I could help.

Thank you

Last question. Will plants slow water uptake through roots w too HOT a soil. The blue dream don’t take up as much water as Black Jack next to it and blue dream has way more foliage at about same height. Black jack is 1st pic. You can see through it. The blue dream has so many leaves

Hopefully I’ll be on track soon. Thanks.

4F1E253A-C200-4256-9642-9A8F85F754C8.jpeg
2739FEA6-0777-420F-9D15-A402A36CF400.jpeg

Yes, it can, I saw a chart that said the uptake/water system can be damaged but I have not experienced that. if ppm of water run-off is greater than 1400 or normal growth does not resume, do another flush. Stick to cannabis-specific nutrients in the future in my humble opinion.

Back
Top Bottom