Strange discoloration

Doctor Trevor

New type of problem for me...

Some leaves have some bright yellow spots. This isn't my usual nitrogen deficiency discoloring. It's more 'dramatic' and affects several leaves in the same way, discoloring only small parts.

Any ideas/suggestions?

a1-121023.jpeg
a2-121023.jpeg

When I water, I make sure the pH is between 6.25 and 6.35 (on occasion, as high as 6.4). I use the same range when I feed her (see her log at Dr. Trevor's CBD Cream & Cheese, Anastasia, November 2023).

I alternate watering and feeding and do it every other day; the soil is dry when I do this.

This is only the second time I'm growing this strain, CBD Cream & Cheese. I did not have this problem the last time.

I appreciate any help/advice you can give me.

When I water, I make sure the pH is between 6.25 and 6.35 (on occasion, as high as 6.4). I use the same range when I feed her (see her log at Dr. Trevor's CBD Cream & Cheese, Anastasia, November 2023).

I alternate watering and feeding and do it every other day; the soil is dry when I do this.

This is only the second time I'm growing this strain, CBD Cream & Cheese. I did not have this problem the last time.

I appreciate any help/advice you can give me.

It looks like your environment may be slightly dry based on your serrations but as far as the coloring goes, it looks like a mutation. Similar to this:

IMG_7010.jpeg

Here’s another shot of that same plant, if you look closely at the bottom leaf it has the same coloring and pattern as yours as well
IMG_7011.jpeg

I’m not sure if it’s a coincidence but this plant also wanted much more P than the other ones as well so watch out for that

I vote variegation, which is completely benign – just coloration. The only other thing that looks anything like this, to my knowledge, is mosaic virus, but that infection will also distort the leaf margins.

happy growing! :ciao:

Other than this discoloration, Anastasia looks very healthy. I was probably more alarmed by the strong contrast in colors.

I have a humidifier in the grow tent. I guess I should turn it up a little.

Thank you, everyone, for your help.

I’d say variegation. Unless it gets worse or you start to to get a lot of leaves like that, I’d sit back and relax. I’ve had several
plants that would occasionally throw a few leaves like that. You

I’ve noticed that when it occurs for me, it occurs in a specific zone of the plant. For instance it will grow on one side of the plant only on the branches that run parallel to each other and only on the fan leaves that are at the same nodes as the previous branch.

I can't prove it, but it's always been my impression that the leaves with variegation get removed by the plant sooner than with normal, fully green leaves. Presumably because the leaf is producing less energy/food for the plant?

I haven't had one with variegation in a while now, since I started buying my seeds.

Def not a problem. Think even a spider plant. Some are solid green and some are green and yellow, and or white. Just called variegation. Theoretically the leaves don't photosynthesize as well as a solid green leaf, but IMO the plant does what it needs to do. Plenty of good plants that the leaves turn purple, and they seem to do it just fine. I say you're Lucky. Lol

Back
Top Bottom