Leafs curled up? veins showing and leafs dried?

Justin420

hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone might be able to help point me in the right direction here.

Setup: 400 watts of t5. 3rd week of vegging. Stain is a Jack Herer clone from a local dispensary. been on the recommended run of GH nutes (per the feeding schedule "keep it simple drain to waste"). Medium is 75% pearlite 25% vermiculite. Hempy style setup.

anyway about half the old leaves has a bit of burn at the very tips... say 1-2 mm....very minute. the new leaf growth however doesn't even look like the same pheno??? lol The are veins are more pronounced and the leaves are more dried out...not to mention just a different shape... the edges are curled upwards and the leaves have yellowing through them. looks more like a an indica leaf than a sativa. anyway i am stumped on this one.

my nutes are mixed with well water that tests at about 180 ppm normally. also i am using gh ph adjusters to set the ph at about 5.6-5.8.

Any help would be much appreicaited... I just flushed with a couple cups of distilled water to see what happens.

ok pics soon trying to figure out how to work this website. Thank you in advance for any and all advice.

hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone might be able to help point me in the right direction here.

Setup: 400 watts of t5. 3rd week of vegging. Stain is a Jack Herer clone from a local dispensary. been on the recommended run of GH nutes (per the feeding schedule "keep it simple drain to waste"). Medium is 75% pearlite 25% vermiculite. Hempy style setup.

anyway about half the old leaves has a bit of burn at the very tips... say 1-2 mm....very minute. the new leaf growth however doesn't even look like the same pheno??? lol The are veins are more pronounced and the leaves are more dried out...not to mention just a different shape... the edges are curled upwards and the leaves have yellowing through them. looks more like a an indica leaf than a sativa. anyway i am stumped on this one.

my nutes are mixed with well water that tests at about 180 ppm normally. also i am using gh ph adjusters to set the ph at about 5.6-5.8.

Any help would be much appreicaited... I just flushed with a couple cups of distilled water to see what happens.

ok pics soon trying to figure outhow to work this website. Thank you in advance for any and all advice.

Go to your profile to upload photos, I had trouble to at first too. Don't know much about hydro but ill be able to answer your problems with some pictures(and also help me document what ither people experience)

This pic shows how different the new emerging leaves are. they are scraggly and more yellow... also fatter in shape?
IMG_2017_1_.JPG

here is an image showing a new emerging leaf... again it seems more dried out and also the edges are curling upwards
IMG_2014_1_.JPG

this is the underside of a troubled leaf where the viens are much more pronounced
IMG_2011_1_.JPG

here is an another example of a new emerging leaf... you can see the color, shape, and texture difference from the older growth underneath it
IMG_2013_1_.JPG

Ok, the last gallon I mixed:

5 ml of grow 2-1-6
10 ml of micro 5-0-1
15 ml of bloom 0-5-4

Hmmm I am following off a chart I have folsom the hydro store... But it isn't the same as the charts on the website. I wonder if they have been updated? Also this mixture just seems counter intuitive as everything I have read says I should have high N at this phase of vegging. Any thoughts? Off and ppm has been about 1300. 200 ish of which is from my well water.

Alright my friend I may have your solution, like i said before I don't do hydro its just because more stress I believe lol but i do know about plants. When vegging your N value should always be the highest following with PK value should be even but lower than the N value. Now in the pictures I see that your newer leaves are most defiantly showing signs of an early stage of nitrogen deficiency along the with the curling upward of the leaves you may need see some CalMg solution because up to what I know and experienced its also showing Mg deficiency. So the solution i believe is do some well research on making sure all your Nute values are balanced. Because it throws of the pant having Low N Higher P lower K No Mg Lower Cal. You should always look into that, that way you can prevent all this. So the solution to this would be stick to nutrients that are more easier to control. You have so many variables that come to play and its hard to control that, but if you do wish to continue with that type of feeding do some good research on the Nutes and the combinations of it. I'm sure you ll receive more advice from growers who do hydroponic and use those types of nutes so just wait and see if some one with expert advice in hydro drops by. :Namaste:

Here is an easy solution for you put your grow to the side. Now mix a new batch of nutes up using only your micro and bloom. Use 8mm of micro to gallon of water an 16mm of bloom to gallon. PH and done simple hydro 101 LOL, just keep your rez temps down. Whats your room temp running ? Whats your humidity at ?

Back
Top Bottom