Leaves yellow with spots: What now?

Karden

More problems! Just got some plants healthy again….and now this! I have never seen this before, just started a few days ago. Plants are about 2’ high, under 300W LED lights. Been feeding weekly for veg growth, they were doing great till just a few days ago. Any ideas? Using the Flora-Gro series for nutes. Thanks!

A574F04C-D125-48CF-B7E1-8F52B2E4F8C7.jpeg

A11E18D8-E393-4EA7-BFAD-C0EA7B16E8ED.jpeg

457CD657-BED8-436A-8E4B-E67C708CC7F5.jpeg

35FE265B-FF8A-49D5-B5FF-1C28E67CB356.jpeg

More problems! Just got some plants healthy again….and now this! I have never seen this before, just started a few days ago. Plants are about 2’ high, under 300W LED lights. Been feeding weekly for veg growth, they were doing great till just a few days ago. Any ideas? Using the Flora-Gro series for nutes. Thanks!

A574F04C-D125-48CF-B7E1-8F52B2E4F8C7.jpeg

A11E18D8-E393-4EA7-BFAD-C0EA7B16E8ED.jpeg

457CD657-BED8-436A-8E4B-E67C708CC7F5.jpeg

35FE265B-FF8A-49D5-B5FF-1C28E67CB356.jpeg
I should add that I keep the ph at 5.8 or so.

I’m not familiar with those nutes but check your labels for cal-mag. With most nutes you get the NPK but calcium & magnesium are not included and many times this part is overlooked. If the labels don’t indicate ca & mg then you will need a cal-mag add on product.… mag helps power up chlorophyll with turns the green on

I did not know this….thank you so much. I will make the adjustment and hope for the best!
@013 brings up a good point. The pH should match the soil mix in the pot. If it is a traditional style soil then the pH has to be up around 6.3 or so.

I am wonder what you do have in the pots. The Flora-Gro (Flora-Grow) line of nutrients from General Hydroponics is intended for hydro styles and the mix in the pot does look like coco coir.

Might be best to let us know what is being used so that you end up using the right pH for the water & nutrient solutions.

You might want to check for pests too I see a lot of little marks that look like spider mite damage :goodluck:
With Nutty on that. I noticed those little marks. Spider Mites and then all those yellow leaves already on the plant which looks like it is in the vegetation stage could become serious before the plant starts to flower.

Let the group know whether it is soil or soil-less mix first. That will make sure the right pH is being used and the group will be able to help with the rest of it.

I was wondering that too. I don’t see any but it did cross my mind. Thanks, always something….sigh.
After 4 years of battling Spider Mites I do not even look for them. If I see the little spots starting to show up I will start a spray program to get rid of them and then go back to a weekly maintenance spray program.

Yes, it is always something or another.;)

@013 brings up a good point. The pH should match the soil mix in the pot. If it is a traditional style soil then the pH has to be up around 6.3 or so.

I am wonder what you do have in the pots. The Flora-Gro (Flora-Grow) line of nutrients from General Hydroponics is intended for hydro styles and the mix in the pot does look like coco coir.

Might be best to let us know what is being used so that you end up using the right pH for the water & nutrient solutions.
I am using ProMix premium in my pots. The place that sold me the FloraGro series told me it works in soil too. I have other plants grown the same and they are fine now, but they did have issues when I first planted them outside. This started about 2 days after last feed. I am wondering if I should give them a good flush then feed again? When you say the ph should be around 6.3, do you mean in the water I mix nutes in, or the soil itself? I have a ph tester for the water, but don’t know how to check the ph in the soil. Could you recommend a line of better nutes for soil?

With Nutty on that. I noticed those little marks. Spider Mites and then all those yellow leaves already on the plant which looks like it is in the vegetation stage could become serious before the plant starts to flower.

Let the group know whether it is soil or soil-less mix first. That will make sure the right pH is being used and the group will be able to help with the rest of it.
The plants are in ProMix premium potting soil. I have a ph tester for the water I mix nutes in, but don’t know how to check ph of soil….this ph thing is fairly new to me. Can I spray the plants with insecticidal soap for spider mites…or will that damage the plant?

After 4 years of battling Spider Mites I do not even look for them. If I see the little spots starting to show up I will start a spray program to get rid of them and then go back to a weekly maintenance spray program.

Yes, it is always something or another.;)
Will insecticidal soap take care of it…or do I need something stronger? Do you spray the whole plant? Lol, sorry for all the questions, but I don’t want to kill my plants!

When you say the ph should be around 6.3, do you mean in the water I mix nutes in, or the soil itself? I have a ph tester for the water, but don’t know how to check the ph in the soil.
Measure the pH of the water if you are watering. If you are adding nutrients to the water then add first, mix it up, and then check the pH.

No point in trying to measure the pH of soil.

Will insecticidal soap take care of it…or do I need something stronger? Do you spray the whole plant? Lol, sorry for all the questions, but I don’t want to kill my plants!
The best suggestion is to do a search on Spider Mites and how to treat for them. There are several different things that can be used. You will also want to read up on the spraying schedule you will have to follow to break the egg laying cycle for the mites.

Crap my bad….. pro mix hp can be ran as soilless and for soilless hydro rules apply. But he has pro mix potting soil. Gosh errr ummmh never had that beast so how about sanity checking on me on this one Smoking Wings since I haven’t had my morning wake n bake. Yeah feed water ph should be at 6.3 I do believe

Run your water, add cal-mag first stir & wait then add NPK stir & wait check ph, adjust ph then feed

shake well, use finest mist possible, elevate plant and spray leaf undersides first, simple reason but if you spray from top down the leaves will be drooping down and get poor coverage on leaf undersides where the eggs are attached. Easy way to remember is - it’s best to go up the skirt first!!

The best suggestion is to do a search on Spider Mites and how to treat for them. There are several different things that can be used. You will also want to read up on the spraying schedule you will have to follow to break the egg laying cycle for the mites.
Thank you, I just looked it up and I am now pretty sure that is my problem…I will get on it! Thanks so much for the help! :thumb:

Thank you, I just looked it up and I am now pretty sure that is my problem…I will get on it! Thanks so much for the help! :thumb:
Crap my bad….. pro mix hp can be ran as soilless and for soilless hydro rules apply. But he has pro mix potting
Crap my bad….. pro mix hp can be ran as soilless and for soilless hydro rules apply. But he has pro mix potting soil. Err never had that beast so how about sanity check on me on this one Smoking Wings since I haven’t had my wake n bake

Run your water, add cal-mag first stir & wait then add NPK stir & wait check ph, adjust ph then feed

shake well, use finest mist possible, elevate plant and spray leaf undersides first

soil. Err never had that beast so how about sanity check on me on this one Smoking Wings since I haven’t had my wake n bake

shake well, use finest mist possible, elevate plant and spray leaf undersides first
Crap my bad….. pro mix hp can be ran as soilless and for soilless hydro rules apply. But he has pro mix potting soil. Err never had that beast so how about sanity check on me on this one Smoking Wings since I haven’t had my wake n bake

Thank you, I didn’t know you were supposed to spray nutes on the leaves too..I have been just watering It into the soil. So much to still learn….lol….thankful for all the help here!

Thank you, I didn’t know you were supposed to spray nutes on the leaves too..I have been just watering It into the soil. So much to still learn….lol….thankful for all the help here!
There are some mixtures for foliar application, but no, in general you do not spray full nutes onto your leaves, unless you are trying to kill your plant. He was talking about whatever thing you use to kill the mites, presumably the insecticidal soap you mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom