Spots on fan leaves?

Magicbud

Hi I'm kinda of a newbie posting here so not quite sure if this post is in the right place or not but......my plants are in 5th week of bloom in a flo-n-grow hydro set up. Temp day varies between 75 to 80 day/ 65 night use AC on timer set up with lights to control heat
I'm using 2 HPS lights a 600 & 400 & 2 400 T-5's with mixed veg bloom bulbs.
Things are going well until I noticed these spots on the fan leaves. Could this be some sort of new pest problem? or a slight nute deficiency ?? I'm using the flora series nutes adding (2 tbs per gal) unsulphered molasses, B-52, Rhino skin, cal-mag amounts as labeled on bottles.
I had a spider mite problem a few weeks back but got some floramite to kill em off. And now use a neem oil soap mix every couple weeks. I just did some leaf trimming scanning over several leaves with a 100x scope & didn't find anything so ????
Sure hate to lose these babies now so would like to get some experienced opinions on what's causing these spots.
Here are a few pics that I hope helps ??
image020nl.jpg

image021svf.jpg

image005vp.jpg

the spots mostly affect the bottom leaves with some curling under
image010bx.jpg

from the side these sour diesel look ok but leaves starting to under-curl more
image015kw.jpg

sour diesel
image028kx.jpg

image029ye.jpg

train wreck tops look ok
image013jk.jpg
but otherwise healthy
ATF top looks healthy (sorry about the light filter)
image011us.jpg

same plant from top, it also has the spots but otherwise looks like a healthy plant
Thanks for reading now time to burn one :rollit:

Re: spots on fan leaves ?

I was hoping for some comments but none yet ???? Since I have other plants in 5 gal dirt pots showing some of the same spots this leads me to think the spots are maybe from mite damage or could it just be residue from the soap solution's used ?? Will the neem oil soap solution kill the leftover spidermite eggs? Also I keep my hydro reservoir PH at a 5.8 & the water to my dirt pots at a PH of 6.5 I'm going to do a flush today just in case I went overboard with the molasses as I've noticed my PH level increasing considerably after a flood cycle (the water returning to reservoir) & the PH of run off water from plants in dirt is like 7.8 to 8.0 while returning water from hydro is a 6.6 to 6.8

those spots look exactly like the spots that appeared on my blue cheese, i have determined that its spider mites, look under on the backside with a scope for black specs and tiny bubbles that look almost like trichs with a 45 x scope i can clearly see the little bastards, the bubbles are eggs, im using a mixture of neem oil,tobbacco/garlic and red pepper juice and a bit of dish soap and spraying for total saturation fron and back of all leaves,it seems to be working im seeing less and less evidence of them and far fewer numbers, if thats not your problem i would guess ph,hope this helps

Yes mites is kinda what I figured after doing some further research on this site. I tossed in a Dr Doom grenade first then a neem oil soap mixture 3 days later for a follow up. Now things seem to be back to normal & due to harvest soon.
Thanx for all the comments & info from everyone.

Back
Top Bottom