Spots on my girl

Old OZ

I have noticed a few spots on some leaves, she still looks healthy and happy but this has me a little concerned.
She is a Diesel photo being grown in dirt.

BAB0583B-A949-4085-B30E-726A520B0501.jpeg

EE1D9356-C2A2-43F2-8606-300103911306.jpeg

I have noticed a few spots on some leaves, she still looks healthy and happy but this has me a little concerned.
She is a Diesel photo being grown in dirt.

BAB0583B-A949-4085-B30E-726A520B0501.jpeg

EE1D9356-C2A2-43F2-8606-300103911306.jpeg
Good morning @Old OZ hope you are well my friend.
Cute lady.
Your in soil yes, what have you been feeding her?
What ph are you feeding at?
Do you have the schedule for your nutrients?
Are you following it?

Stay safe.
Bill

Good morning @Old OZ hope you are well my friend.
Cute lady.
Your in soil yes, what have you been feeding her?
What ph are you feeding at?
Do you have the schedule for your nutrients?
Are you following it?

Stay safe.
Bill
Morning @Bill284 well it is for me anyway I’m in Australia and Yes growing in soil. My water is from rain catchment so don’t check ph I’m feeding more a tonic sea sole gold 2.5ml per litre about every 4 days or as she dries out.

56DB5EA2-CA96-49F3-948F-AC32B8DA6F25.jpeg

Dam my message disappeared hehe.
Ok start again.
Check your ph to be on the safe side but that's not the issue imo.
Do the spots wipe off?
If so it's pm.
If not I think it's a pest problem.
Get a pic of the bottom of the leaves.
See if we can see anything.
Poop?eggs? Bugs?

Stay safe
Bill

Dirt ain’t muh thang, but is it possible you splashed a little when you were feeding and the spots are a lil leftover where the water beaded? Also, and evidence of anything underneath the leaves (critter trails and the like)? It doesn’t look like that to me - it looks more like the former than the latter, but then reread first sentence lol

Dam my message disappeared hehe.
Ok start again.
Check your ph to be on the safe side but that's not the issue imo.
Do the spots wipe off?
If so it's pm.
If not I think it's a pest problem.
Get a pic of the bottom of the leaves.
See if we can see anything.
Poop?eggs? Bugs?

Stay safe
Bill
No spots don’t wipe off and nothing to note on the underside of the leaves. Will check ph to be sure as you suggested.
Some splash as @sneekymofo suggested would make sense, the mrs often makes comment about the boys and inaccurate aim in my household :laugh:.
Also found this little fella on my leaves do I leave him or remove? Might help with pest control.

C5D7217B-A4D1-4C86-B794-E21F2C1D26B5.jpeg

almost certainly a pest,, but not the wee spider,, he is there for the pests,,

kinda a cross between a thrip mark and spider mites,, but not exactly either,, leaning to the thrip side

for sure not mildew or similar

karma sent friend,,

almost certainly a pest,, but not the wee spider,, he is there for the pests,,

kinda a cross between a thrip mark and spider mites,, but not exactly either,, leaning to the thrip side

for sure not mildew or similar

karma sent friend,,
Hi nivek thanks for the reply would you suggest a treatment? I have neem oil but have never used it.

Hi nivek thanks for the reply would you suggest a treatment? I have neem oil but have never used it.

i cant advise on neem as i have never used it,, my battles with pests always revolve around safers soap and persistence

karma sent friend

Spray bottle with warm water 15% neem oil and a few drops of safer soap.
Spray everywhere you can.

Stay safe
Bill

Highya! Looks like thrips to me. Spinosad (Captain Jack’s or Monterey) will also take care of them. Get the concentrate and mix according to directions - it’s much stronger than the Ready To Use spray. Relocate your friend first.

Spray bottle with warm water 15% neem oil and a few drops of safer soap.
Spray everywhere you can.

Stay safe
Bill
Morning @Bill284 ,
Just wanted to say a big thank you for the time you give,I have been lurking around this forum trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can and enjoying a little gardening while I’m at it. Have seen your advice and support everywhere along with many others who freely give their time and knowledge.
So to you and the rest of this great community a heartfelt thank you:Namaste:

Morning @Bill284 ,
Just wanted to say a big thank you for the time you give,I have been lurking around this forum trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can and enjoying a little gardening while I’m at it. Have seen your advice and support everywhere along with many others who freely give their time and knowledge.
So to you and the rest of this great community a heartfelt thank you:Namaste:
I'm glad you decided to make an appearance.
We are all glad to help any way we can.
Hopefully you have a fantastic harvest.

Stay safe
Bill

Morning @Bill284 well it is for me anyway I’m in Australia and Yes growing in soil. My water is from rain catchment so don’t check ph I’m feeding more a tonic sea sole gold 2.5ml per litre about every 4 days or as she dries out.

56DB5EA2-CA96-49F3-948F-AC32B8DA6F25.jpeg
Phosphorus deficiency. Your feed has none.

Back
Top Bottom