Small brown spots on lowest fan leaves

nnorman8551

420 Member
I am just about 3 weeks in and have been having pretty solid growth. This morning I noticed these very tiny brown spots on the lowest set of leaves. Plant looks healthy otherwise. It’s an autoflower, being grown in spiked soil. I haven’t added any nutes yet. Soil is full of good stuff as is, but am planning on very light feeding soon. Tent is 74 dev during day 65 at night, humidity has been from 40 to 65 depending on exhaust fan cycles. Any insights on these spots would be greatly appreciated! I am hoping they are nothing to worry about... one pic is to show overall plant health other is of the spots.

Attachments

• D58BCBDD-10F5-40F0-817D-18615D0A7A08.jpeg
    D58BCBDD-10F5-40F0-817D-18615D0A7A08.jpeg
    456.6 KB · Views: 119
  • CCD00ED0-C09D-4804-8ACA-B843B3F5F4EC.jpeg
    CCD00ED0-C09D-4804-8ACA-B843B3F5F4EC.jpeg
    723.7 KB · Views: 125
Hi nnorman,
what do you mean spiked soil? Can you ellaborate a bit on what's in it?
what are you pH'ing the water at?
are you using any Calmag yet?
How often and how much are you watering?
What about lights? size, type and height?
Lets start there and see what we come up with
Spiked soil is kind of like a super soil Home PH of water has been between 6 and 6.3. Kindled xl600 light at about 34” above plant. It is really stout and bushy so I have left if up to promote a bit more stretch. Would love to hear your thoughts!!

Spiked soil is kind of like a super soil Home PH of water has been between 6 and 6.3. Kindled xl600 light at about 34” above plant. It is really stout and bushy so I have left if up to promote a bit more stretch. Would love to hear your thoughts!!
oh, that's interesting! Designer soil! I love it! I actually drill spikes of pure nutrient in my containers, so thats why I was asking about microlife.

Hello , maybe a little calmag needed or what is the ph of the water you use and what are the ppm`s of the water , it could be ph spotting (to high or low of ph )
I am definitely a beginner so open to suggestions. I doubt the soil would be low in nutrient at week 3, but I could use the dry nutes and water tomorrow when my soil is a little dryer? My ppm is typically pretty low using well water that I ph down. Typically around 200ppm. I feel like ph could be the issue I have varied between 6 and 6.3, but might need to calibrate my ph pen.

Magnesium deficiencies are very common with these weeds for two reasons. First, they love the stuff and need lots of it all through the grow. Secondly, it is impossible to pre-load soil with lots of magnesium without as a result, locking out calcium. Magnesium then needs to be supplemented in small amounts all through the grow. Most of us have a bottle or two of calmag laying around, just in case we need it.

As Emilya stated, and Noobie, the signs point to mag def and not dealing with it the plant will progressively get worse. But if you feel your pen is out of cal then the plant may have locked out and can't get what it needs.
Thanks I will add my dry nutes and water well. If my pen is off it’s only by .1 or so, as long as I am in the range of 5.9 and 6.4 it shouldn’t cause lockout right?! Hoping you say no lol. Thanks for the quick replies everyone this is an awesome community!

Magnesium deficiencies are very common with these weeds for two reasons. First, they love the stuff and need lots of it all through the grow. Secondly, it is impossible to pre-load soil with lots of magnesium without as a result, locking out calcium. Magnesium then needs to be supplemented in small amounts all through the grow. Most of us have a bottle or two of calmag laying around, just in case we need it.
Nice thanks, I have a bottle for my promix tomatoes! This may be asking to much but going to ask anyway :) do you think adding the another round nutes from spiked is good enough or should I water with calmag and use the dry nutes?!

Most of the nutrients are available across a wide range, so pH is not as critical as some might think. It is the lower end of the scale that is the most critical because of the limited mobility of the heavy metals, and mathematically it can be seen that at 6.3 pH there is an optimum point of maximum mobility of all of the needed elements. If you constantly water at 6.3 and err to the low side... you will always be correct.

Nice thanks, I have a bottle for my promix tomatoes! This may be asking to much but going to ask anyway :) do you think adding the another round nutes from spiked is good enough or should I water with calmag and use the dry nutes?!
I would follow the program that Spiked has laid out for you, to the letter... and just know that for cannabis you need to supplement magnesium. Some like to add molasses to their plain water for its sugars and magnesium, and then give calmag with the regular nutes. I would not change anything you are doing right now as far as how you are managing the Spike growing system... just add this little bit extra. :love:

Back
Top Bottom