LED grow - newb

ledtrons

Hoping to be doing an LED grow.

It would my first grow, though as it's approaching the summer months (70-86F) I would like to use LEDs (managing heat is going to be impossible with HIDs).

Would like to do either 2 x 600W MarsHydro LEDs or 2 x 600W GalaxyHydro.

5 x GrapeOx from rare dankness.

4ftx4ft base at tent.

Would the lighting choices be sufficient for the area and number of plants?

I can't find any reviews of the GalaxyHydro, though it does seem very similar to the Mars and all the other Chinese LED boards. 3W LEDs, 9 band (including UV and IR, supposedly).

Any advice appreciated!

2 600 watt LEDs will do a very good job for the 5 plants you are planning I have two 400 watt LEDs that do very well at growing some nice plants
041118.JPG

I have a Mars 900 and 2 Mars 400. For a 4x4 tent, I would go with a 1200 or 2 Reflector 96x3 (I think they are 96x5 in the US). The 2 reflectors will give you more flexibility then the single 1200 and be a little cheaper. Sara just posted that the Reflector prices were going up so order soon. You can go to Mars-Hydro.com and use the discount COfinest and you can get a discount for buying two plus the CO discount. Good luck and start a journal!! :peace:

Hi ledtrons, Reflector is 3w leds. MarsII is 5w leds and has better penetration than 3w. For your grow space 4'x4', both of 1pcs MarsII1200w and 2ps Reflector 96x3w will be enough. I will rommend you to choose MarsII 1200w. The draw power of MarsII 1200w is more than Reflector. During flowering stage, MarsII 1200w performs better for sure.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom