LED Help/Advice on Mars II 400 or 700 for Growlab80

It looks like the only way to get a full 400 true watts is to go to the 900.

What do you guys think?

Final decisions here.

I will either go with the 900 or go two 400's ( 2 x 400 is still less than 400 true wats but possible better coverage than the 900).

Please help me out folks so I can get this straight before Sarah ends up on the board :). I am hopeful she will give me the go ahead on the return and then I will just order the other(s) tonight while I wait for the return money on the 700. That way im not using my hps much longer than I have to.

Either way its a bright 3x3 :)

The more watts the better my vote is with the 900 or at least the 2 400s but thats my 2 cents. Im sure youll make a great choice either way :Namaste:

I think you're right and the 900 is the way to go. Im sure Sara will read this as shes always on top of things, if not I will send her an email.

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!

That 700 will definitely do your plants justice, but in the future I would get two smaller wattage(like 2 400's) I was going to mention this, but I forgot. You wouldn't want your led to go out mid flower. Once you have more money to spend I would invest in another panel(even a cheaper one) to have on hand in case of an emergency. I am excited to see how you like the Mars LED's though man. They are really starting to get popular and IMO it is very well deserved.

I agree the mars led light are very worth the money!! They grow great buds at a reasonable price. They may not be the elite but great for a first led light. I dont regret my mars 2 and am looking at some of there reflector series for my mother and clone tent. :Namaste:

Glad you agree :) I always hear ignorant people down talk the chinese LED's and shit, but honestly they are a really great bang for you buck. No doubt I would be looking into top of the line LED's if I had thousands of dollars to throw down on lighting, but unfortunately not everyone has that option. Lol.

You guys are a wealth of information. I really like the 900, but love the idea of the two 400's seperate to keeps the plants alive during a failure. I emailed Sara about the 900, should I decide to change to 2 400's she will think I lost it. Sara and Ann have given better customer support than I have had in years.

I read a lot about "get the expensive name brand posts". My experience so far has been one of those big brands has not returned a call in 9 days or even an email (I will leave out which one to be fair). Lifetime warranties are only good as long as the company exists. I have a feeling that those expensive brands won't be servicing many if any lifetime warranties. However, I have a feeling like Mars will try to put a foot forward in any circumstance to help.

I agree man some of those company's can be pretentious, there are plenty of Chinese led company's also using cree bridglux or osram less and im sure can at least compare to the more expensive American brands that charge 2-3 times as much. Mars is a great company and no matter what you choose you can always upgrade later:Namaste:

I decided to just stay with the 700. It fits the 3x3 with really good coverage surprisingly. If I can get just north of a half g per watt I would be pleased. If I ever pull closer to 200 dry with the 300 wall draw led I'll do cartwheels :)

Thanks everyone for the advice!!!

Hey Sarah I just ordered the Mars 2 900w for this 3x3x7 tent I have being sent to me now along with all the ducting and inline/exhaust fans. My questions is did I go to strong of a light for my tent size since you suggested a 700w for a similar sized tent? Im moving my plants from my 4x2x8 spare closet set up. Just wanted to keep in line with the same watt pull as my 400w hps I am replacing.

:welcome: help please.

you'd better order mars II 700w, but please install fans to let the air in and out. this way can keep your grow condition great. Thank you ,
Sara

Hello Atlien, the 900w will give you great result, and the light can replace your 400w hps for sure :high-five:
Hey Sarah I just ordered the Mars 2 900w for this 3x3x7 tent I have being sent to me now along with all the ducting and inline/exhaust fans. My questions is did I go to strong of a light for my tent size since you suggested a 700w for a similar sized tent? Im moving my plants from my 4x2x8 spare closet set up. Just wanted to keep in line with the same watt pull as my 400w hps I am replacing.

Back
Top Bottom