LED is destroying 400W HPS

sexycybe

I have just been given a 400W cool tube 400W HPS (Phillips Son-T Agro) and im considering not even using it...
The light output from the HPS is nowhere near as bright as the LED panel i built a few months ago and its only running on 54 of the 78 3W LED's (that's 192W).
Am i missing something here or have other people noticed this too?
The four plants i have under the LED are 6 days above ground and are already producing their 3rd set of leaves.
:circle-of-love:
SxC

Hiya sexycybe, is the 400W HPS (Phillips Son-T Agro) Brand New?? Don't forget Bulbs dim over their life span...but if its *New then I would be Buzzing with the LED you built, any pics or Info on the LED you made? I've gone from Giant CFL & lots of little ones to 250w Hps then 600w Hps...But I'm now in the process of reading up on LED and have even ordered a few LED's to build a small Panel(Kinda a test run) Prototype for seedlings and cuttings 1st.

Peace

Hiya sexycybe, is the 400W HPS (Phillips Son-T Agro) Brand New?? Don't forget Bulbs dim over their life span...but if its *New then I would be Buzzing with the LED you built, any pics or Info on the LED you made? I've gone from Giant CFL & lots of little ones to 250w Hps then 600w Hps...But I'm now in the process of reading up on LED and have even ordered a few LED's to build a small Panel(Kinda a test run) Prototype for seedlings and cuttings 1st.

Peace
Yeah ill upload some pics when i get home, i built it from scratch, took a while but i will definitely be making a bigger better one soon :)
SxC

Ah it completely deleted my text above the quote :S
"I forgo that HPS need to be on for a while to fire up haha
After ten minutes or so it was much brighter than before.
Its bout 1.5-2 times brighter than the LED but not wavelength specific."
SxC

Back
Top Bottom