ledgrowlightsdirect, anyone use thier products?

budacres

These guys are from BC, was thinking of going with the new isis-1 to add to existing grow of 400w T5's

Anyone?
Thanks in advance!
Bud:peace:

These guys are from BC, was thinking of going with the new isis-1 to add to existing grow of 400w T5's

Anyone?
Thanks in advance!
Bud:peace:

Im not familiar with that company. I checked out the link...
I havent used LEDs as of yet but I will be getting one shortly Ive seen all kinds of grows and data...bottom line I believe they need more wattage....not the old "comparable to a 400wHID" .... use 400w of real LED power. But you know what they say about opinons......

I've never heard of that company but I have been experimenting with leds for about a year now and have come to the following conclusions...
Leds seem to be most effective when used in conjunction with HPS lighting. Leds have been proven to increase resin production so I use a 430 son agro hps for plant development and the leds for increased potency. I use a 90 watt UFX made by California Nursery and a 55 watt red and blue panel I got off ebay for $90. Both lights have the needed spectrum and they move the needle on my light meter into the needed intensity range. I grow in a 4x4x8 foot hydro hut with a combined total of 575 watts of grow power. This wattage easily devlops a 30 inch tall plant completely with each plant producing about 3/4 to 1 oz dry weight per plant per harvest.
The higher the led wattage, the better. Anything below 50watts should really not be considered.
Even the strongest leds seem to only be able to develop a plant in the 12-18inch range by themselves.
Good leds can be found at affordable costs. Just be sure to verify the parts used, the spectrum it provides and the wattage. Do as much research as you possibly can prior to any purchase by comparing lights, companies and the parts they use to build their light.
Good luck with your project!:ganjamon:

Im not familiar with that company. I checked out the link...
I havent used LEDs as of yet but I will be getting one shortly Ive seen all kinds of grows and data...bottom line I believe they need more wattage....not the old "comparable to a 400wHID" .... use 400w of real LED power. But you know what they say about opinons......

I agree with your opinion.

I think they should be marketed watt for watt, and the benefit of lower heat and no bulb replacement costs should be emphasized.

Some people with heat issues are willing to pay the piper now, but when costs come down, they will become a better option for everyone.

I just recently added one of the 160 watt (ISIS-1) panels to my small medical closet grow, the LED panel puts my watts up to 630 watts in a 2' x 3' closet so I cant really say how effective it would be on its own. However combining it with CFLs and T5s has had a great effect on the overall healthiness (is that a word? haha) of my little ladies. Just about to make the switch to bloom so I will see in 2 months if it has been worth it. I'm trying to grow the best medicine possible so if it increases potency as they claim it's worth the price in my opinion, btw I paid $600. Anyways, I hope this helps anyone that is on the fence about these LEDs and I can update after harvest if anyone requests it.

Peace and happy growin everyone

Back
Top Bottom