Left lights on during flowering cycle

scrogathon

Well I messed up and alexa left the lights on in my flowering tent for an extra 9 hours last night. Normally they turn off at 3am and I just went to check on some stuff in my basement and noticed the room was lit up still at 1130am. The plants looked very sad and droopy and have only been in flower for 2 weeks.
Should I just forget this happened and stop stressing? I'm super frustrated this happened and feel like I should just get rid of them because I've heard they will hermi. Sometimes these hobbys cause more stress than I can handle and I feel like an idiot.

Grow them out as if nothing happened, if the genetics are strong and not prone to hermaphroditism, they will be fine
I was reading I should give them there 12 hours of darkness but part of me says I shouldn't. There is 4 strains in the tent and the only one actually showing flowers is the cement shoes plant. They definitely realized my mess up as they were all droopy and looked like they needed water badly but they were still wet. Hoping the 3.5 hours of darkness will be enough. This has only happened once and I'm going to put a manual timer on the tent instead of the wifi plug that Alexa controls.

Alexa is a CIA operative, I've seen her invade many many grows

Basic timer is best and easy, go with that

Just get them back on schedule and they should be fine
No wonder alexa didnt work correctly.

I guess we will find out in a few hours if they are happy. I hope they recover and dont herm on me. They are huge plants with 2 months of veg under their belt.

I worry too much so this stressed me out way more then it needed to.

Alexa is a CIA operative, I've seen her invade many many grows

Basic timer is best and easy, go with that

Just get them back on schedule and they should be fine

I only use mechanical timers for lighting. Too easy to screw up something that is supposed to be consistent. Worse thing that can happen is the plants get an extended darkness period if the power goes out.

I would let the plants continue and just watch them. People that usually get hermie are more constant light leaks or leds on power strips inside the tents. Just learn from it and don't let it happen again.

Back
Top Bottom