Left lights on for too long

PTown Rejects

420 Member
So I accidentally left my lights and portable heater on 8hrs past the 12 that they were supposed to be on. The temp got up to 98degrees in the tent. It's the 4th week of flower and what I did was immediately turned the lights and heater off and opened up the tent. I checked out the 3 plants that I have and they looked healthy still, no drooping or change in color. An hour later the temp was back to normal at 78degrees. So I zipped the tent back up and turned off my timer to the lights so they wont accidentally turn back on. What I'm doing is I'm letting the lights stay off until the next light rotation which is tomorrow at 7pm. So the lights will be off for more than 24hrs. Now should I continue with this plan or should I do something different? Ill be so pissed if I get hermies!! This is the first time this has happened to me.All and any suggestions are welcome. Thanks

Hey PTown,

Wow - sorry about the mishap, but no worries. What’s done is done… you did good by giving her the extended dark period - just get back to her regular schedule and ensure that doesn’t happen again.

Maybe as a side note…. keep an eye out for nanners and pluck any that appear…. if you need help on this part just ask and one of the crew will be happy to explain further

welcome aboard!

I do that all the time seems like haha and handle it the same way
As long as they get 12 dark your fine
You could even turn lights back on give them that 4 hour light then they be back on schedule I've done both and never had a problem

Yeah, as said, a one time lighting oops isn't going to hurt anything. Put them back on their schedule, and call it a learning experience.
And plan a trip to the hardware store. Timers are relatively inexpensive. In this area of the state they are available all year long for about $7 (US) for an analog style. Push the pins in for the time that the lights will be on. Leave the other pins up and the lights will not come on. Plug in the lights you want to control and no longer having to run around at some set time to turn on or off. Local hardware stores might be .75 cents more than the big box store but it probably costs more than a $1 to drive to the big box place.

I have an analog timer one each aquarium to turn the lights on for a couple of hours in the morning and again in the evening. These timers have been in constant daily use since November of 2012 without a problem. Only had one timer go bad and that was one controlling one of the fans.

Digital timers cost more and do the same so I have not used those because of the cost. The exception is for one special one that could be set for a cycle of seconds, minutes and hours or any combination that was used to control the water spray in a cloning bucket.

20220205_005033.jpg

Does anyone use wormcastings? I'm planning on using them next crop.
Hey PT - check this out...

Does anyone use wormcastings? I'm planning on using them next crop.
At the top of just about every page on this msg board is a small magnifying glass. Click on that for the search function. There is a basic 'search' and an 'advanced' search with more options.

When doing a search keep in mind that some people spell it in two words and some as one word like you do which means two different search results.

Back
Top Bottom