Legalization of Marijuana is No Joke

Weedpipe

420 Member
Recent articles on the current pot decriminalization bill emphasize that hard-line Republicans treat this bill as a joke ["Morgan tries to get his legislation past the pot jokes," Jan. 26].

For Americans with medical problems eased by cannabis, it is not a joke. I can assure readers that people who are sick, dying, and suffering take it seriously.

The people have spoken. Marijuana has become acceptable in American society.

The government's policy is pure oppression and tyranny, and we aren't buying it anymore. We want our religious freedom and our medical freedom.

We want our rights as Americans, rights that were earned at Mount Suribachi and the beaches of France.

The American people are tired of a government of tyranny that rules with unjust, oppressive laws from the days of Jim Crow.

And we aren't buying party-line sound bites, either. House Speaker Bill Howell said, "It sounds like those Republican women were probably smoking something." That's just not funny.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: Fredericksburg.com
Author: Richard Moter
Contact: Fredericksburg.com - Fredericksburg, Virginia's homepage
Copyright: 2010, The Free Lance-Star Publishing
Website: Fredericksburg.com - Legalization of marijuana is no joke

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion
This is from Wikipedia.

Sounds like what our government does to us every day. We need to bring our soldiers home to fight the real enemy.

In my opinion marijuana should be legal because it's point less to keep it illegal. We can fight this government but the only way to do this is to show the ignorant people what good marijuana can do. I know many already tried but we need to continue because what does the united states stand for if we can't be free!!?!

Why is legalization of pot is so important to you? Not the people who use it for medicinal purposes, but the rest of you...why????? Because like me, your an addict? But you refuse to say so..??? Why? If you have no medical reason for using pot, why are you Hell bent on legalization???

Why is legalization of pot is so important to you? Not the people who use it for medicinal purposes, but the rest of you...why????? Because like me, your an addict? But you refuse to say so..??? Why? If you have no medical reason for using pot, why are you Hell bent on legalization???

I am actually a legal canadian mmj patient and I fully support the legalization of cannabis for recreational use for adults over 21 for 1 it will place a standard of regulation on its distribution equivalant to alcohol or tobacco both of wich high school students readily admit are far harder to obtain then pot, and I feel if the govt trully wanted to keep kids off drugs they would take the initiative to make it into as lucrative of a comodity as alcohol and its distributors will not risk the loss of business and fines accompanied with selling to minors. The second reason is after 80 year nearly now the use of cannabis has grown exponentionally my father who was born in 1908 actually remembers reading about marijuana being illegal and had to ask what it even was that's how well know it was as marijuana he told me how he finally figured out what it was exactly was when a friend told him its hemp that is smoked in peace pipes although as far as I know sweet grass is what is actually smoked in an indian peace pipe but for my father in the 1930's and his friends it was common to associate hemp with indians and were misinformed as to there customs.

So my point is that as we all know billions of dollars have been wasted over 80 years fighting a plant that when it was made illegal the majority had no intrest in other then its use medicinally as up until the time of the decision to make cannabis illegal it was available in most pharmacies tincture of cannabis indica was available for relief of menstral cramps,trouble sleeping etc even queen victoria was known to use cannabis extracts to ease her periods. But the sheer act of making it illegal created the increased intrest in cannabis and is to blame in turning it into a " dangerous drug" from a medicinal herb that was actually used fairly routinely in a lot of cultures but the govts of the world and those of North america especially seek to legislate human nature . And my final reason I support its legalization is every single person in the world has the right to choose how they want to live there life and what makes them happy and if it doesnt harm there neighbour or deprive them of there own rights then it shouldnt be illegal , and I dont see how growing a plant for your own consumption hurts my neighbour of deprives him of his right to be happy.

speakin of addicts it blocks withdrawl symtyms when a doctor runs u up a pole with pain med then drops you off:thumb:

Simply because it is the right thing to do. It is insane to make illegal a plant that is so beneficial to mankind.

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is worth fighting for. My pursuit of these rights involves enjoying cannabis. I would like to be able to sit out on my porch and smoke sweet hemp without fear of arrest as did George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. If the founders of this nation enjoyed this plant without fear of prosecution, why can't I.

:smokin:

When you enjoy a fine vintage of wine is the word addict ever used? When you enjoy a great cup of coffee in the morning is the word addict ever used?
When you've just paid a chef for a sumptuous meal is the word addict used? If I get screaming headaches and take pain killers is the word addict used?

These are all things that bring pleasure or relief to those who partake. And in fact people who spend a lot of time learning and partaking are not called addicts, they are given extra respect and are called connoisseurs.
I think that those who are looking for legalization are just looking for a little respect.

The word addict is a derogatory word used mostly by people in power who want to denigrate and give little or no respect or rights.
Look inside yourself. Think of an addict. Do you have respect, pity or compassion for this person. Or do you think of them with loathing and disgust.
If it is the latter then the propaganda has worked.

When you enjoy a fine vintage of wine is the word addict ever used? When you enjoy a great cup of coffee in the morning is the word addict ever used?
When you've just paid a chef for a sumptuous meal is the word addict used? If I get screaming headaches and take pain killers is the word addict used?

These are all things that bring pleasure or relief to those who partake. And in fact people who spend a lot of time learning and partaking are not called addicts, they are given extra respect and are called connoisseurs.
I think that those who are looking for legalization are just looking for a little respect.

The word addict is a derogatory word used mostly by people in power who want to denigrate and give little or no respect or rights.
Look inside yourself. Think of an addict. Do you have respect, pity or compassion for this person. Or do you think of them with loathing and disgust.
If it is the latter then the propaganda has worked.

:bravo: :welldone:

I have the freedom to smoke cannabis up here in Canada because I jumped through all the hoops. My dad has glaucoma but he will not touch my medicine simply because it is illegal for him to use it. He is in so much pain besides the problems with his eyes. I would love to be able to make him up some brownies... but I can't. The fight for my rights are over and I won. I want everyone else the freedom to use I do. That is my reason. Pain is not a laughing matter.

Whereabouts in Canada? I'm in the Red Deer,Alberta area.

Thanks Cateros. One other thing I want to say about this is having it at a federal level means the world to me. Since we have universal health care, anyone with the same symptoms as I have SHOULD have the right to use what I use for pain. The main problem is getting the Doctor to sign on the dotted line. If a person can use me as an example, that is good. As an advocate I am willing to go in with patients and talk to the doc.

:peace:
Gottacold1,
When you wake up without acohol, you go into dts. When you come down off herion, you get very sick and have uncontrolable spasms and chills. I've seen it all in the people coming and going from the old LA co. jail. I was there fighting possession for sale of 10 kelos of killer weed. That was a huge deal in 1967 !! They put me away for 5 yrs. for what now would probably be probation. Point is, I have never seen anyone have any withdrawal symptoms, from MJ !! And you hav'nt either !! And if you think that you're addicted to mj, you're the 1st. case i've encountered. If i wake up tommorrow without smoke, i miss it, but there's no symptoms, nothing. Explain why you consider yourself an addict ?? Bring me one Dr. or scientist that say it's possible to get phically addicted to mj !! Me, i've been smoking weed for 55 years, and i don't give a shit if it's legal or not. It's a frigging weed !! And now i'm gonna fire one up, just for you gottacold1 !! I just feel anything this good should be legal !! And i do support mmj, because it's very helpful as medicine, And sick folks need it , but I see no reason for the prohabition. It should be available, just like alcohol, coffee, tea, etc. !! Legalization will fail for the same reason the current healthcare bill will fail, The pharmacutical industry !! Money talks and bs walks !! They want to keep you messed up on those high $$ pain killers !! Been there and done that !! Oh yeah,' the prison system of our free country, the one that warehouses more people than any other country in the world. Again, big industry !! Any time a goverment prohibits it's citizens from their basic rights, revolution follows !! Our politicans are crooks, our police are crooks, our schools are being told what to teach, or if they can teach certain things at all. We don't believe our scientists, so i guess they're just wasting time !! And our goverment is not respected through the rest of the world, and if you don't believe me, just go to europe see how the citizens there react to you. They see us as trying to be the worlds police force !! And they are right !! I see they are cencoring the so called war in Afghanistan !! They were burning the poppy fields, last i heard !! Ha !! One big dea operation!! And for christs sake, they're worryed about usa citizens smoking a frigging weed !! Give me a break here !!

Also when we tell our children that mj is bad, and then they find out that we lied to them, and that's why many of them start experimenting with harder drugs, because they think we lied to them about mj, so we must be lieing about herion also !! makes sense to me !! If they want me in jail, i can't stop it, but a change is coming in this country that gonna shake it to it's foundation !! Let our people go !! I would like to know how many people are in jail for simple possession or growing a few weeds !! It's all bs, and you all know it !! Problem is, we can't find 10 people that can agree on anything !! Legalize pot and treat it just like alcohol !! Just my 2 cents !! And stop denying people jobs, because they smoke pot !! Catch me high, fire me, but don't fire me for smoking 3 weeks ago or last night !! And lower our taxes, so We can buy some good pot !! :peace:

I am with Slowpuffer especially on his belief that misinforming kids about marijuana makes all our other information we tell them about harder drugs seem just as misleading. I have a friends whos teenage son was hospitalized from overdosing on mdma and he told his father he tried it because he was told it was no more dangerous then pot by the dealer he bought it from. So when kids are gonna believe a street dealer who's only intrest is money it makes me believe that what slowpuffer said about misinforming them does more harm then good . Personally as I have mentioned I am a licenced mmj patient in canada and I have spoken to all my kids about marijuana and told them as far as I am concerned once they are 19 or older if they want to try it thats up to them but as long as they are minors under my roof if i find out they have been smoking bud they are toast.But once they turn 19 if they want to try it I wil not stand in there way and I would probably let them try my own grow as I would want to make sure its all organic no pesticides or chemical fertilizers, all organic and clean for me.

Why do I want it legalized?
I am a medicinal and recreational user. The last time I got marijuana, I had to go the illegal route (I am in the process of acquiring a card). I ended up being exposed to some very nasty people. I wasn't sure I would end up getting out of there with everything intact, much less with what I came for. I take my life in my hands every time I buy it...

If it was legal, I would have a choice in what I was buying, and I could buy it safely! I could have my own garden. But that's out of the question now because I don't have room to grow indoors, and it is still illegal federally and I can't take a chance on my family going to jail for something they have nothing to do with...

If we made it legal (and not just for medical use) and established dispensaries here in Nevada, we could take care of our state's budget deficit and put a LOT of drug dealers out of business. It's going to be available whether it is legal or not, it's just a matter of who is controlling it. It would make access harder for children, not easier. They can get it anywhere right now; just ask any teenager you know.

Our jails are overcrowded with marijuana users. Up until recently, in the state of Nevada, it was a FELONY to possess even a single seed. Do you know how much the taxpayers spend on prisoners in jail for pot? It's a hell of a lot more than the money they make from busting people. Do you know how much the taxpayers spend a year on law enforcement trying to stop pot (they will never be able to stop it)? They could take that money and put it to a much better use.

There is NO good reason not to legalize it, other than the politics and monies being secretly exchanged. At this point, the politicians and drug dealers/cartels are the ones making the money and forcing me and thousands of other people to be a 'criminal' by doing what we feel is best for us. Take the money from marijuana and make it legal money, make it useful to the whole nation, instead of padding the pockets of the people with power and guns.:peace:

Why do I want it legalized?
I am a medicinal and recreational user. The last time I got marijuana, I had to go the illegal route (I am in the process of acquiring a card). I ended up being exposed to some very nasty people. I wasn't sure I would end up getting out of there with everything intact, much less with what I came for. I take my life in my hands every time I buy it...

If it was legal, I would have a choice in what I was buying, and I could buy it safely! I could have my own garden. But that's out of the question now because I don't have room to grow indoors, and it is still illegal federally and I can't take a chance on my family going to jail for something they have nothing to do with...

If we made it legal (and not just for medical use) and established dispensaries here in Nevada, we could take care of our state's budget deficit and put a LOT of drug dealers out of business. It's going to be available whether it is legal or not, it's just a matter of who is controlling it. It would make access harder for children, not easier. They can get it anywhere right now; just ask any teenager you know.

Our jails are overcrowded with marijuana users. Up until recently, in the state of Nevada, it was a FELONY to possess even a single seed. Do you know how much the taxpayers spend on prisoners in jail for pot? It's a hell of a lot more than the money they make from busting people. Do you know how much the taxpayers spend a year on law enforcement trying to stop pot (they will never be able to stop it)? They could take that money and put it to a much better use.

There is NO good reason not to legalize it, other than the politics and monies being secretly exchanged. At this point, the politicians and drug dealers/cartels are the ones making the money and forcing me and thousands of other people to be a 'criminal' by doing what we feel is best for us. Take the money from marijuana and make it legal money, make it useful to the whole nation, instead of padding the pockets of the people with power and guns.:peace:

Also if it was legal we medicinal patients who are growing legally would be less likely to have our crops robbed by ripper gangs who know its far easier to rob a sick person then a comercial grower. Lets face it if it were legal then there would be no market for these gangs to make profit from illegal weed and as far as smoking it they would be able to grow there own with no reprecussions. So legalization would protect patients from the criminal element they seek to distance themselves from but because of our individual conditions we are extremely vulnerable to these criminals who do prey on the sick not to mention many of us have families who we have to protect as well where some comercial growers usually if they are not idiots dont have there wives or children living in a large scale grow op. But there are many mmj patients who only have gardens of 10-15 plants and as it is legal and are able to speak honestly to there children about marijuana and not try to scare them but actually educate them about it we have less trouble with our kids getting involved in drugs when they are young. Well at least I have I spoke openly and honestly with my kids showed them all the information that was available from both sides of the table and explained to them that I use it to ease my pain and it does make me feel good and like any medicine it can be abused , such as smoking to excess its one thing to smoke enough to ease pain and make you feel good or in the case of recreational users smoking enough to feel good is fine but if you just smoke and smoke and smoke spending more money on it then you can afford and having to go broke and barely have enough food because of the amount your smoking that could be a problem, but any cannabis user be they medicinal or recreational if they use it responsibly just like they say about alcohol then I feel there is no problem with it. So all in all my honest and truthful approach I have 2 teenage children and one who has entered his 20's and none of them has to my knowledge ever tried cannabis yet and I believe them as in all the time I have been a patient I have never had any of my medicine go missing and I think teenageers would be more likely to steal from there parents if they have half a chance.

look I like to smoke weed and I don't like getting a ticket or jail time for something that does no harm to any one or thing. You have to be stupid not to see what the prohibition of weed has done to this country. It's done more harm then good. You don't have to have a problem to smoke weed. More children are exposed n try it beacause it's illegal, the drug dealer doesn't care how old they are just how much money they got to buy weed n most of the times the dealer sells more than weed like coke n exstacy, so u want more children to be introduced to those things?! What kind of a pot head are you???!?! Think before you speak

I believe Leglazation is no joke for many reasons but heres one.I believe medically it helps in more ways than we knowand if u decide u dont need to use it any more then your not going through serious withdrawl that ALWAYS comes along with Morphine,oxycontin,oxycodone,Methadone,benzos-,etc.I am a legal Medical Marihuana{HOW they spell it} card holder in the State of Michigan and i know i would rather detox off the Sweet maryjane then Methadone because i been down that lonesome drive to hell and back.:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom