Lens for 50W Chinese COBs

skatelove

Helloooooooo, i'm Santiago from Argentina, and I just registered in there to open this thread about my LEDs.

Well, i just do by myself a lamp made of 8* 50 Full spectrum LED lights, the chinese ones, well, they are driverless and so easy to assembly, and well... they work really well, my plants grow about 1-1.5 meters, they are flowering, and well, its working hehe.

But well, at this moment im facing an ugly issue, as u know, LED lights without lens needs to be at 30cm of the plant, and plants grow really fast, so its a problem when im trying to distribute light.

If i put leds so far, its gets better spread but lower penetration, and i put it so narrow it loses lots of spread... so i want to put them far and with a lens just focus the light on the plants instead of the whole room, can i?

Ill post some lenses with the light distribution and u tell me which one is the correct one? and u can post one better if u know which one is the best!

1)[Led Lens 100mm 60 80 Degree For Full Spectrum Cob Grow Light - Buy Led Lens 100 Mm,Led Lens 100 Mm,Led Lens 100 Mm Product

2)Led Glass Lens 78mm 90degree,Special Design For Cree Cob 3070 Leds - Buy Led Glass Lens,Cree Cob 3070,Lens 78mm 90degree Product

3)Cob Led Optical Lens - Buy Optics Lens,Led Optical Lens,Cob Led Optical Lens Product

4)Cob Led Optical Glass Lens - Buy Cob Led Optical Glass Lens,Optical Glass Lens,Glass Lens Product

my feelings says me 2) is the correct one heh but well... i dont know.

Thanks afterwards! happy smoke

I guess i bought the same ones 6040-F2525? So you should try to find lenses for this type if you want them to fit with out to much tinkering... If you grow in a tent the difference with ore without lens should not be that big.

This should be interesting to see the difference between our grows. I am going to bake my girls under 10 of these leds.

Happy growing.

I guess i bought the same ones 6040-F2525? So you should try to find lenses for this type if you want them to fit with out to much tinkering... If you grow in a tent the difference with ore without lens should not be that big.

This should be interesting to see the difference between our grows. I am going to bake my girls under 10 of these leds.

Happy growing.

mm nope, mine are the same type but burple :p

i just tried without lens and its soooooo disturbing, it just needs height calibration every 2 foking days and thats really not the way, my roof its at like 3 meters and thats like... uhm, climbing on a ladder every 2 days to adjust the whole led 5cm hah

im really needing to put the leds on the top of the height and let the plants do what their want, and ull find that this type of leds spreads soooooo fucking horizontally, and u want a beam of light going where ur plants are...

soo which one of the lenses should i pick?

ok. it seems like you worked it out my man.. =P My leds shine the way I point them. ;)

i go with Mayne and I dont think it matters so much witch of the lenses you get. Cant you see what type of lens the seller recommends?

ok. it seems like you worked it out my man.. =P My leds shine the way I point them. ;)

i go with Mayne and I dont think it matters so much witch of the lenses you get. Cant you see what type of lens the seller recommends?
nope, i dont find which ones the sellers include and maybe someone faced this before or somewhat, u kno.

for u 2 is the best option too?

My lenses are diffusser type lenses to spread out the light. More even lighting. So you can get the plants closer for better efficiency. LED's are already focused enough.

If you don't want to adjust the lights to save energy you need to just mount them at the top of your ceiling. When they veg they well require less light. As they start flowering they will get ever increasing levels of light as they grow.

Back
Top Bottom