Let's make some bubble hash today

Hope your day is going well @Ganjagrandaddy
Nice job. Looks a nice grade too. Nothing like seeing it as you pick the bag up and the water drains. I must look like scrooge as I scoop every last trichrome from the meshing lol
Are you rolling joints or is it for edibles?. Are you drying it out and curing or playing sticky fingers and rolling mini sausages with it. Can be a bit harsh sometimes . Looks like a decent haul too.

Ok so here we are. I had a mediocre yield from an expected mega harvest ( like i expect each time i do one !).
Being of the Low and slow dry persuasion , seeing those beautiful crusty little sugar leaves snipped out and sat in a bin bag they cannot be wasted!. I am.rinsing what i can from all those months of electricity, stress , a bedroom waterfall and a whole myriad of issues along the way.
Strains in the trim are All Barneys farm Seeds and are Laughing buddha , peyote critical , g13 haze , Utopia Haze and Liberty Haze. All were beautiful bud producing ladies and covered in trichromes so here goes

ITEMS
25 Litre tub/bucket.
ice bubble bags x 1set(6x with drying sheet).
1/4 refuse bag of trim.
stirring stick.
4x bags of ice.
15 litres fresh water
Popeye's right arm ( for stirring not watching redtube while waiting for mix to settle after stirring !!!)
A realistic couple of hours.
I usually discard the second highest numbered bag as it doesnt seem to be beneficial to the grading between that one and the highest micron one.
With bucket ready and the bags put inside with the smallest numbered bag (25micron)being the first put on and the highest number put in last (220micron).
I put a thin layer of Ice cubes in to cover the bottom of the bag, i then placed Half of my trim ( approx 2oz).
On top of this i put the remainder of the ice cubes bag and 1 more bag on top of the trim.
I then put water into the buckets slowly to allow for the screens being able to let it through them into the bucket.
Once Filled I let the mix settle to allow the water to keep dropping temperature and freeze the trichromes. After 10 mins i began stirring and agitating the mixture , making sure to use the cubes to batter the plant matter and break off the now frozen trichromes.
I agitated and stirred for about 20 mins and continued for 2 hours with this cycle.
Once i was happy that i had got what i could , it was time for the fun to begin.
The first bag out was filled with thawing , icy, mulch. The water drains out fairly quickly on this bag thankfully so is easy to empty and put aside.( can do a second run or other use).
The next bag out is the start of the Hash collection so some slight swirls while it drains away can help keep the hash together and on the mesh for easier collection. Use a kitchen spoon to pull all the leftover hash into a collectable lump and remove to your mesh drying screen or parchment. I pressed mine by hand at this point to remove what water i could on a towel. This will be your lowest grade and may have some plant material knocking about in small traces.
The next bag contained the major yield part of the process with very nice quality hash emerging from the draining froth
This is grade 2 and smokes lesh harsh than the 3.
The Last bag can take a while to drain but this one has some excellent hash floating around trying to settle. I slowly swirled this until my arms ached but got quite a nice amount of top quality hash for my efforts.
The second half of the bin liner trim was processed using the same way.
All in all 2oz of beautiful quality Hash from what a lot of people bin is bliss. This has turned the whole harvest of my Barneys girls into a great one.
Hope this quicky helps someone tempted but too worried about wasting their efforts and that you get the same results safely.
Go on , give it a go if you havent tried it before.
20190410_203815.jpg
20190410_203805.jpg

20190410_203822.jpg
20190410_220851.jpg
20190410_234611.jpg
20190411_015640.jpg
20190411_020116.jpg
20190411_023115.jpg
thanks for your guide
I feel that you worked very hard on it

thanks for your guide
I feel that you worked very hard on it
Thank you. There are a few around in different grows too. Some folks use butanes or cooking but as a smoker. It seems the quickest easier method. Oddly it hits with more "ooomph" than buds have for some strains . A great bonus from waste. Thanks again

Fully dried and like rock candy full melt 28.4 grams

Awesome!
But I'm still confused by the process of what to do after it is collected and drying on cardboard. I've been searching here and youtube both over several days now and not finding much info at all.
I did collect some and let it dry for a few days. The lower quality one dried out and is crumbly now. The better one is still pliable. I'm surprised by how well it turned out cause it wasn't the best flower. So bag in freezer now with a mix of several strains to try next. I would love to be able to make it and be able to dry,cure,and store it without worry.

Let it dry for over three weeks when you make a lot.It will change color and turn to a sap like consistency when dried fully.

I only ordered the 1 gallon bubble bags. Didn't want to invest much at all if it didn't work,lol. So after drying a couple days, it was a couple grams worth.
So here again, confused. Videos I see, they grate it up to a fine powder but never show how it changes to a ball or roll? Would love to store little dehydrated pea size pieces. Easy to throw in a pipe.

I'm also a bit naive about it. Never tried it before now. I can't help but wonder, with results like this, why mess with doing it another way, like pressing? I've tried wax and rosin and this is just as good as what I have tried from dispensaries and no special pipe.

I only ordered the 1 gallon bubble bags. Didn't want to invest much at all if it didn't work,lol. So after drying a couple days, it was a couple grams worth.
So here again, confused. Videos I see, they grate it up to a fine powder but never show how it changes to a ball or roll? Would love to store little dehydrated pea size pieces. Easy to throw in a pipe.

I'm also a bit naive about it. Never tried it before now. I can't help but wonder, with results like this, why mess with doing it another way, like pressing? I've tried wax and rosin and this is just as good as what I have tried from dispensaries and no special pipe.
Exactly my thoughts too , it is my go to when dankruptcy gets close between harvests. I do like the roll of the oily black. I would like to try a whole harvested plant instead of the trim bit never feel i have spare to mess with. It is a surprise how much you can pull from trim too.

So I just got myself some bags to do up my last crop which was somewhat of a miss so to speak.

I've one important question. Do I have to mix it up in the pail with the bags in, what I mean is can't I just mix it up in a pail and pour that into the pail with the bags. Seems to me it would save a lot of wear & tear on the bags. It's easy enough to just rinse out the mixing pail.

So yesterday I was thinking.... what if I got a car or truck horn and mounted it under my mixing pail. Maybe cut 8" off the bottom of a pail, partially fill it with pea gravel or something to hold the horn in place, place horn in the center and wire it, put mixing pail on top, turn on horn & mix. I'm hoping the horn would be muffled enough by the mixing pail or wrap towels around the base if needed.

Any thoughts? Or am I smoking too much again? Seems to me a little sonic cleaning could go a long way here. Horns produce noise through vibration.

Anyone interested in buying a vibration kit for your bubble bags?

Thanks

So I just got myself some bags to do up my last crop which was somewhat of a miss so to speak.

I've one important question. Do I have to mix it up in the pail with the bags in, what I mean is can't I just mix it up in a pail and pour that into the pail with the bags. Seems to me it would save a lot of wear & tear on the bags. It's easy enough to just rinse out the mixing pail.

So yesterday I was thinking.... what if I got a car or truck horn and mounted it under my mixing pail. Maybe cut 8" off the bottom of a pail, partially fill it with pea gravel or something to hold the horn in place, place horn in the center and wire it, put mixing pail on top, turn on horn & mix. I'm hoping the horn would be muffled enough by the mixing pail or wrap towels around the base if needed.

Any thoughts? Or am I smoking too much again? Seems to me a little sonic cleaning could go a long way here. Horns produce noise through vibration.

Anyone interested in buying a vibration kit for your bubble bags?

Thanks
yeah totes, if you want to stir a bit more roughly its better to not do it in the work bag, if you stirring slowly its okay but the rubbing on the bag isn't super. well, just be careful i find. but i don't use all the bags just 4. also i recommend the all mesh bags, the other ones take ages to drain otherwise

yeah totes, if you want to stir a bit more roughly its better to not do it in the work bag, if you stirring slowly its okay but the rubbing on the bag isn't super. well, just be careful i find. but i don't use all the bags just 4. also i recommend the all mesh bags, the other ones take ages to drain otherwise
have to agree on the all mesh bags. far easier at the 25 micron level too. I tried agitating in bucket 1st then going through bags then re-use water and rerun the trim a few more times the same way. gave a decent result and less bag ripping risk I found some tears in mine this time but been using them a while so need new ones for next run. Got some really top notch trim and a lot of "drop off" budlets from a mimosa lemon 8 just harvested. oddest looseness ever and thentrim box was laden with crystal covered little berry type calyx and pistil pods. so triched up too so should make great hash.

yeah they just fill at the bottom and all the water runs out the sides is also sooooo much faster. i used to punch the bags out but its risky and like, you need to double filter it then which is annoying.
and it gets heavy by the 2nd or 3rd bag too. lol

Back
Top Bottom