License to Grow from Dispensary

In LA County, is there a limit to how many plants a co-op can have on site at any given time? And, where does the oversight come from? Is anyone knocking on doors in LA, checking numbers of plants?

I was at a dispensary a year or so back and I built a repertoire with the owner(s) and mentioned about testing for THC levels (I was growing Skywalker at the time; buddy was growing Ice) and such with a couple of grows. He quoted me a price for testing and said if it met his standards he would "buy" or donate to [my cause] everything I could [legally] supply. This after I told him about my past growing history, legal and illegal, and my advice I always give people about growing. Be super-discreet. You will thank yourself years down the road. Grow alone if at all possible. If you must have help then vet (make a careful and critical examination of someone) your candidates with the strictest of rules. Remember--the possibility exists that you could lose EVERYTHING and end up in jail. Or your assets could be tied up in the courts for years while they work out the grey-area details. If your are in Cali then my advice would be to move to a county that is sympathetic to compassionate caregivers. I read about one guy who was busted but the county refused to prosecute him. That is the county [that I recommend] you should grow in. I wish I could remember which county in Cali it was...?

Example: I was recently made aware of a neighbor down my street who was legally growing for her meds. We can have 12 plants per in Michigan. She only had four. Anyway, while I was waiting for one neighbor to make introductions her [the grower's] kid came down the street to play with other kids across from my house. So I walked him home hoping to meet his mom and as soon as I got close to his house I could smell good herbage that was surely very close to harvesting. And I just mentioned offhand [to her kid] that she should get some better filters to be a little more discreet. Luckily she has some cool neighbors [I assume]. I will see what transpires in a short time. Surprisingly I did not smell any MJ in the house; so her problem lies in getting rid of the smell through her ventilation. Simple solution-get a lot better filters.

So obviously if you are thinking about supplying to a dispensary your location is PARAMOUNT to secrecy. You definitely don't want to attempt it if you are in town or even in the township; unless you are the master at disguising the smell of bodacious bud [and amounts] worthy of [supplying] a dispensary. It has been my experience the past year that each grow I have visited has problems of dispensing with harvest-time smells. And thus the need for a location with a little leeway for that problem. Remember, you have gas and electric meter-readers, and those types of people to think about too...

Back
Top Bottom