Light setup what do you think?

Dewbie

Okay I was curious if I had enough lights for two plants.
I currently have 6 CFL 26 actual watts, 4 are 7500k for veg and two 2500k for cool temperature. These are my supplementary lights. My main lights I have are 1, 135W LED Grow Light Lighthouse Hydro BlackStar 135 Watts Flowering. I know its not actually 135 watts. Also 1, Sunshine Systems LEDGP45 GlowPanel 28 Watt 45 LED Grow Light also a supplementary light. I have made my own grow tent out of pvc that is 3ft w x 3ft h has mylar wrapped around the grow tent.

Any suggestions?

Sounds like a decent start Dewbie and should provide enough light for a couple plants.

Specific suggestions are probably dependent on a lot more information that might be beyond what your comfortable sharing - and I completely respect that. An example of what I mean is you might recieve suggestions like "run to lowes or home depot and get a 6000K- 85 watt flourescent (300 watt equivalent) light and one of those adjustable work light holders for $25.00". The reality is your location identified as "North" may mean that you are no where near a home improvement store of those names (or any home improvement store)and that $25.00 may be an financial stretch right now.

I have a friend on here that is just starting to grow that lives in nowheresville Alaska on a very tight budget. He was asking for some advice and I saw so many well intentioned people saying "run to your local hydroponic store" or "buy this $400 LED panel" missing the information shared earlier re: location and financing.

I think you have the basics required to grow a couple plants to completion.

Be well and happy growing!

a few thoughts.

my understanding is that cfls are slightly better cost/benefit right now but leds are improving and will inevitably win due to its solid state nature and mass manufacture ability.

i am a huge fan of cfls particularly the 'normal' kind you fit into every home. i consider them superior to hps and MH in that you can have far more control over hotspots and light distribution, i always find it funny when i attatch 8w cfls all around my branches so it looks like a xmas tree ;)

I was doing some research on these 75 watt cfl's that require fluorex fixtures. They are 7500k but, I cannot find a fixture that will work for them. They won't light up without a fluorex fixture. Are these lights a waste? And what is needed to make it work?

Back
Top Bottom