Light vs Room Size; LED Lights

FunkyMonky420

Good Day to you all! First time indoor grow and I am seeking some advice and some knowledge. First let me start off by mentioning my Harvest(jack h5, NLights 15).

Now I have decided to go the route of LED Systems, just makes sense and technology seems to suggest something is right there. Have grown in past, but "old fashioned" style, soil and outdoors. Thank God for the Finger Lakes in Upstate NY, some of the best times of my life have taken place in October! Grape Buds haha.

Any way, I know there is a lot of choices out there for lighting, but I have decided to have help getting me to understand a proper set up.

Room size: 54" Height x 92" Length x 32" Depth

Room has ventilation and fans set up, duct work done, airflow is great. Water system, that is for another day, I am not sure about Osmosis vs Distillation.

In this this size of room, I have a few different approachs and WONDERS how each room would work out for me.

Lets say ROOM1, do I take a 4 ea. x 205wLED Light vs ROOM2 a 6 ea. x 126wLED Light vs ROOM3 a 3 ea. x 345wLED Light: Hydro Grow LED

YOU technical analytical type, the website is listed right above. I know people will jump right out and say the 3 Lights at 345 Watts makes the most sense, but I rather take my question a step further, what would the yields look like in them other two ROOM scenarios????

Basically I would like to know the PROPER LED Light set up for the room size I am working with. I know typically more is better.. DUH... haha

I also am curious, would it help to place Flourescent Grow Lights on the LENGHT of the wall in the room? and would two smaller 75W Square LEDS be good on the SIDE WALLS.. Is there such a thing as TOO MUCH LED LIGHT?

I apologize for my rambling.. I am so desperate to harvest this crop... and get these lil gals going.. I just curious about my light set up...

I am old school... Look forward to reading some of yours IDEAS..

Take me to

SUGAR MOUNTAIN!!!!!

Da FUNKY

Good Day to you all! First time indoor grow and I am seeking some advice and some knowledge. First let me start off by mentioning my Harvest(jack h5, NLights 15).

Now I have decided to go the route of LED Systems, just makes sense and technology seems to suggest something is right there. Have grown in past, but "old fashioned" style, soil and outdoors. Thank God for the Finger Lakes in Upstate NY, some of the best times of my life have taken place in October! Grape Buds haha.

Any way, I know there is a lot of choices out there for lighting, but I have decided to have help getting me to understand a proper set up.

Room size: 54" Height x 92" Length x 32" Depth

Room has ventilation and fans set up, duct work done, airflow is great. Water system, that is for another day, I am not sure about Osmosis vs Distillation.

In this this size of room, I have a few different approachs and WONDERS how each room would work out for me.

Lets say ROOM1, do I take a 4 ea. x 205wLED Light vs ROOM2 a 6 ea. x 126wLED Light vs ROOM3 a 3 ea. x 345wLED Light: Hydro Grow LED

YOU technical analytical type, the website is listed right above. I know people will jump right out and say the 3 Lights at 345 Watts makes the most sense, but I rather take my question a step further, what would the yields look like in them other two ROOM scenarios????

Basically I would like to know the PROPER LED Light set up for the room size I am working with. I know typically more is better.. DUH... haha

I also am curious, would it help to place Flourescent Grow Lights on the LENGHT of the wall in the room? and would two smaller 75W Square LEDS be good on the SIDE WALLS.. Is there such a thing as TOO MUCH LED LIGHT?

I apologize for my rambling.. I am so desperate to harvest this crop... and get these lil gals going.. I just curious about my light set up...

I am old school... Look forward to reading some of yours IDEAS..

Take me to

SUGAR MOUNTAIN!!!!!

Da FUNKY

Hello FunkyMonky420. Sorry for not getting to this sooner; it was just brought to my attention.

My recommendation is to get a LED array that approximates in length to the depth of your space so under 32 inches. Looking at the hydro grow LED website, their lights are square. Going by their recommendations of coverage area, the 205 watt penetrator should work. Then, connect the LED array to a light mover so it can travel the width of your space.

Height space is limited, so it helps to know your strains for growth characteristics and apply your favorite height restricting method; LST, SOG with a low veg time, ScrOG (recommended), etc.

This can let you get a good taste for what LED can do without throwing tons of money at it. If you find they work for your grow environment, then by all means buy more.

:welcome: to 420 Magazine!

Take a look at Irishboy's grow current grow journal. He has experience with several different LEDs. Feel free to ask his opinion in his thread, he's pretty cool.

Take a look at Irishboy's grow current grow journal. He has experience with several different LEDs. Feel free to ask his opinion in his thread, he's pretty cool.

I concur.

Back
Top Bottom