Lighting mess up. how screwed am i

LOL! I don't know any successful grower on here that hasn't done this a time or two. I myself have done it twice! This early in the flowering phase there will be little impact. Light stressing takes a much more erratic light schedule than just leaving a CFL on in your grow space. The only thing this would possible do is delay your flower time a little. Light destroys the hormone needed to flower our beloved Sativas and Indicas, and therefore can be used to prolong the vegetative state. Like kamaka stated above, think of it as an exceptionally bright full moon. I see no chance of stressing your plant this early on in the flower phase. As a matter of fact, no plant in nature (not human grown) gets complete and total darkness throughout the night and is riddled with "light infiltration" from various sources. The only reason we completely block light in a controlled environment is to maximize the buildup of the flowering hormone that is destroyed by bright light.

To keep this from happening in the future, plug your CFL into the strip that controls your HID, that way even if it is left on, it will go off when the HID does.

Good luck! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom