Lighting question

pez4life

I'm workin on turning my closet(8' x 5') into a small grow(6- 10 clones) and i bought a 1000w HPS. when i turned it on it turned my closet into an oven, i an going to return it but i need to know what wattage i should drop down too.
thanks

i would not return it its.... what you need... just buy a exauste fan to remove the heat you are going to need ventalation any way... other wise wont be able to grow anything with out troubles... to grow great buds you need at least 60 watts per sq foot and seems you have 40 sf this light is the best for this space even if you lower the wattage its still going to get hot ...
all hid lighting produces heat...best thing to do is cool air in hot air out

Be Real Be Green! best grows to ya!

what exhaust fan should i get(cfm) i assume the strongest one i can afford. and how do i set it up in the room?
would the light vents b better than an exhaust fan?

If your closet has an 8ft high ceiling you have 320 cubic feet of space. You will want asa minimum a 320cfm fan. An aircooled hood for your light will help a bunch if you can vent it out of your grow space. You also need an intake for fresh air.

You really need to do some research before you spend any more money. These are very basic question easily answer with a little search effort on your end.

yes screwnuts is correct ventilation is almost as important as the light if not more!!
besure your intake is sufficent though.. otherwise exaust fan overworks and is not efficent in removing as much heat!

i got the fan, a hood and some tubing and set it up. how far should the light be from the clones, 2 feet?
i just checked my clones 2 hrs after i planted them and most are drooping and some are laying down.
can i fix this?

yeah i just decided to put them under my florescents and 4 of them survived and i plan on taking a few more.
how many clones can i grow under 1 1000w hps?

great iv got eight clones working on rooting. thanks for the help.
do u know a range of how much bud 1 5ft plant can produce

Give your plants room , if your gonna grow eight plants in a small room decide if your gonna let them grow tall and bushy or if your gonna do a sog or scrog grow. If you want tall bushy plants they need room !! Also you'l need to make sure you can get light to the whole plant for max harvest. Start all eight and take the best and biggest and try 4 of them in your grow room .You can always get more clones in a few wks if you need more. You can get up to a lb. on a good 6' plant ! But probably not on your first try !! Roseman got over a lb on his indoor closet grow ,but that was with 4 plants. And thats in a closet with cfl lights !! Amazing I think !! So hang in there and keep growing !!

Back
Top Bottom