Lighting question

corrupt149

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and a first time grower.

The current setup I have is the only option I have. It's an old PC case, striped out and re-paneled. The only problem I have (at this moment) is the lighting. I don't have a massive amount of space to use so I'm trying to find a small enough light and fitting that would fit the current space. L: 360mm x W:160mm x H:340.

I have created my own carbon filter but have been told I can use a sheet but that's for another day.

I have looked for CFLs but all are too big for my space. I have tried T5 fluorescent tubes, still too big and HPS's would be too powerful.

Any ideas? Thanks :)

Why don't you use several smaller (say 23W actual draw) CFLs? From what I have seen, this is what most people with PC grows use. There are also some small LEDs you could use. I'd guess you can fit 4x of the smaller CFLs in there. Were you looking at larger ones?

Yeah, the majority of people who I spoke to were only giving me massive bulbs with 6400k spectrum etc. I guess I could buy two leads with 2 bulbs to start out. Then add more when needed. I have heard about using LEDs and wanted to make my own panel to fit inside. Still in progress. Will have a detailed journal when I germinate.

Back
Top Bottom