Lil help with first grow!

Jengablaze

Hi everyone,
First grow here so i would much appreciate any help whatsoever here. I sprouted 2 seeds just over 2 weeks ago (one white widow one pepper jack haze) both started really well but last few days I noticed the ww has started to yellow on lower leaves from the tip to stalk. At first I thought it could be N def but it is growing in soil so it should have enough but stupidly I fed with canna vega (1/4 strength) anyway and caused some nute burn. I waited for it to dry out (couple of days) and flushed with 3x container size of ph'd water and runoff was 6.5. Growth on top is nice and green so I'm hoping problem has gone but the growth has really stalled and the pepper jack has leapt ahead in terms of growth. They are under a 115w CFL temps are around 27 degrees and humidity is quite low at around 40. Thanks in advance guys if anyone can help I would be very grateful

image6459.jpg

White widow is on the right. As you can see the pepper jack haze has also shown some yellowing although I'm sure there is some nute burn too. As I say any help is gratefully recieved

Jenga

Sorry forgot to add this

REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR GROW SUPPORT

What Strain is it? White widow
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Vegative
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? Sprouted 2 weeks ago
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Perlite vermiculite John innes no#2
If Soil... What Size Pot? Small pot
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1 x 125w CFL
Is it Air Cooled? Yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 27 degrees
RH of Room/Cabinet? 40%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.5
Any Pests? No
How Often are you Watering? 1-2 days
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? John innes potting soil for seedlings
Size or Square Footage of Room? Small converted fridge (veg room)

That's not unusual at all to see that pair of leaves yellow and dry up, even this early, probably from the period with the nutes and flushing, etc. It usually happens to me when I let the starter pot get a tad too dry. It was from stress.

Just duly note it for future reference and snap those leaves off. Those two never survive more than a month or so, anyway.

My advice is to avoid soaking the pots for the next week or two. They're poised for growth now. Keep that CFL down close to them.

Lookin' good. :thumb:

You are watering too much. Take a pot the same size that you are growing with and fill it with fresh out of the bag soil. Your pot should be at least that light before watering again. I would be surprised if you needed to water more often than every 5 days. Cannabis needs to have dry periods to get oxygen to the roots when growing in soil.

Thanks peeps that was great advice. It's so hard starting out not to fuss over the little ladies I guess lol. I'll leave them alone for a few days at least and see how we go. Thanks again ill be sure to repay the favour to other noobs once I get more experienced myself
Cheers guys and happy new year!

Back
Top Bottom