lil help...anyone?

mr.verde

Just did my first soil and coco mix, never used coco before have always used soil only, mainly Metro Mix 360 and then a mixture of meto mix and fox farm ocean forrest.

My question is, is there a nutirent or anything I should be using or could be using to help my plants during veg that compliments the soil/coco mix? The guy at the store recommened some Happy Frog...not sure though never used it either. Any positive info helps!

peace
:thanks:

Coco/Soil - Mixed Medium

I have mixed Fox Farms Ocean Forest with Canna coco coir at a ratio of 3:1. I had decent results. You definitely want to either incorporate dolomite lime into the mixture and/or monitor your runoff PH closely. Coca coir has been known to throw off PH (not all brands). I used Cutting Edge Solutions 3 part nutes at the time I believe. Matter of fact u can look at issues I had with it in my 1st journal in my signature. Main thing is the plants will deplete the nutes in the medium within a week or 2 in small containers. Prepare to begin a feeding regimen sooner than u would if only growing in soil. Coco contains zero nutes to my knowledge. Hope this helps some. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom