Promix help please

You can pre mix and let sit at room temp without air? Just making sure I don’t do anything stupid.
I pre mix the day before feed so I have it ready. And yes, lid them and they are fine.

The big shelf is waiting to be filled, the small shelf are full of active feeds. If you do get PBlend, you mix according to the additives. You go down the list in a specific order to be sure to mix everything properly.

Dry amendment toppings, scratch the top of your soil and add the toppings then water to get them working through.

If I can get calcium and magnesium separately. Would that be better yeah? Or is there a reason for the 2 to be together?
I don't remember why they come together though I have read several articles on the question. Maybe a google search if you are still interested. But, they do come mixed together just about every time I have seen them. Sometimes other nutrients are included. The Cal-Mag can come as a liquid or a powder and most of them can be diluted with water. Several of the Cal-Mag products I have on the shelves also have Sulfur in the mix and one has Iron and two have some Nitrogen.

Plant problems can be Calcium related or they could be Magnesium related or they could be both Cal & Mag related.

Ill just stick to the traditional calmag lol
Fox farm bush doc at ace much cheaper than Amazon. I don’t know why. But they have everything. MUCH cheaper than Amazon or even direct. Maybe overstock from the previous owner?

Good luck bud
Ill just stick to the traditional calmag lol
Fox farm bush doc at ace much cheaper than Amazon. I don’t know why. But they have everything. MUCH cheaper than Amazon or even direct. Maybe overstock from the previous owner?
You pay for marketing for Amazon...how many commercials do they have now?

Why don't you reach out to them in a PM and let them know you are very much interested in bettering your grow with their product line. It is available for retail sale on Amazon
Talking about the Cal-Mag products your comment brings to mind a very good point.

I call the company if at all possible. I wanted to know how often Roots Organic recommended adding their Elemental product to a soil grow so I called. The receptionist transferred me the rep for Michigan. I told him I had the liquid and the powder and he mentioned that the powder was hydrophobic and I said I had noticed that. Then I added that I had been experimenting with scratching it into the top 1/4 to 1/2 inch of soil which helped keep it a bit moister long enough to dissolve in a reasonable about of time.

Ends up his recommendation is to top dress every 1 1/2 to 2 weeks and if going 2 weeks or slightly more then use the liquid Cal-Mag in between.

While we were talking I realized he knew what I was growing and I knew that he knew. Made the conversation go faster and smoother.

And when using Amazon the purchase could be from an independent business who has to mark it up to pay the Amazon commissions. Amazon is not the god of purchasing that so many people think it is.
Very true. Those vendors mark up considerably. FFOF I get from my garden center, big bag for $17 while Amazon, $26

That’s it??

Good morning bill!! Nice to hear from ya. I’m well. 1year 1 day well. Lol.

How do you feel about the earth juice line of nutrition? Do not use dry amendments? Right?
Ive used earth juice bloom liquid. Fantastic product, just be cautious, extremely acidic. I used to bubble for 24-36 hrs to bring up the PH.

I use promix hp with general hydroponics maxi series. I feed with every watering until week 3 of flower or when my leaves get dark enough just a plain watering @6.0 all feeds 5.8
I dont think water/feed/water would work in my situation. They would starve.

Very true. Those vendors mark up considerably. FFOF I get from my garden center, big bag for $17 while Amazon, $26
Or from one of the local grow shops. Prices might be a $1 or 2 more but at least they are also growing the same specie of plant. Who knows what some of the salespeople at garden centers are growing (;)).

Believe it or not but grow shops are not out to mess up our grows just to convince us that we should switch to hydro because of higher profit margins.:))) Most of the confusion at hydro and grow shops is caused by a lack of communication between the customer and the shop. Mostly because the customer never bothered to pay attention to what the guy on the youtube video was saying or using. But they want the grow shop saleslman or woman to have seen and memorized the video. (True story--the customer could not believe that neither of the two salesmen had seen the same video he had watched the night before.)

1 hydro shop in Lancaster, I walked in and while they had a reasonable stock of hydroponic equipment, the guy was smoking a huge cigar and smelled extremely awful. That alone made my visit short there

1 hydro shop in Lancaster, I walked in and while they had a reasonable stock of hydroponic equipment, the guy was smoking a huge cigar and smelled extremely awful. That alone made my visit short there
Here we have laws that pretty much keep smokers out of shops, bars and eateries. But I understand where you are coming from with the smoker though it does not bother me much since I have a few drinking buddies who light up a cigar every now and again.

Or from one of the local grow shops. Prices might be a $1 or 2 more but at least they are also growing the same specie of plant. Who knows what some of the salespeople at garden centers are growing (;)).

Believe it or not but grow shops are not out to mess up our grows just to convince us that we should switch to hydro because of higher profit margins.:))) Most of the confusion at hydro and grow shops is caused by a lack of communication between the customer and the shop. Mostly because the customer never bothered to pay attention to what the guy on the youtube video was saying or using. But they want the grow shop saleslman or woman to have seen and memorized the video. (True story--the customer could not believe that neither of the two salesmen had seen the same video he had watched the night before.)
That because most places use the same term "soil" for peat based grow media and the real deal, soil for organic growing
If it has no nutrients or very little , it is grow media & should be treated much like hydroponics

That because most places use the same term "soil" for peat based grow media and the real deal, soil for organic growing
If it has no nutrients or very little , it is grow media & should be treated much like hydroponics
Soil for me is FFOF all day for my veggies and my green girls...just love the mix so much

So it seems that a lot of people here enjoy the Promix? What’s the biggest advantages? Thankyou guys for this conversation
Hey @CultivationArt how are you my friend.
Many years ago I started with promix.
I did maby 3 runs and switched to coco. :thumb:
Never looked back.
Stay safe
Bill

20210429_203945.jpg

20210219_204657.jpg

20210205_204601.jpg

So it seems that a lot of people here enjoy the Promix? What’s the biggest advantages? Thankyou guys for this conversation

The main advantage to me was I no longer had to pH my water. Add MegaCrop to the mix and easy/easy.

@InTheShed is fairly knowledgeable on Promix so maybe he will chime in.

The main advantage to me was I no longer had to pH my water. Add MegaCrop to the mix and easy/easy.

@InTheShed is fairly knowledgeable on Promix so maybe he will chime in.
Really. That’s simple. You don’t have to worry about dropping your ph in the water?

Back
Top Bottom