Promix help please

Iv been hitting the engine last 2 days. My head hurts. So I’m sorry if I replicated a thread. I promise I typed in “promix, use of promix, using promix, feed&promix, etc.”. Not really getting everything. Just bits and pieces. I’m buying the promox bx bail but from my further research it’s not to be treated like soil. Can anyone give me a push in the right direction. Some say it’s like coco. Others say more like hydro if you Air out the water. Some say they use it like soil but water more often like coco. So I’m freaking confused. Lol. Please and thank you for any help. I just wanna know how to treat, mix, and feed with it.

Iv been hitting the engine last 2 days. My head hurts. So I’m sorry if I replicated a thread. I promise I typed in “promix, use of promix, using promix, feed&promix, etc.”. Not really getting everything. Just bits and pieces. I’m buying the promox bx bail but from my further research it’s not to be treated like soil. Can anyone give me a push in the right direction. Some say it’s like coco. Others say more like hydro if you Air out the water. Some say they use it like soil but water more often like coco. So I’m freaking confused. Lol. Please and thank you for any help. I just wanna know how to treat, mix, and feed with it.
Hey Cult how are you doing today my friend.
Promix has no soil.
It's hydroponic similar rules as coco, not the exact same though.
Feed at 5.8
Next day plain water.
Then feed again the next day.
Every day just alternate Feed and water.

Stay safe
Bill

Hey Cult how are you doing today my friend.
Promix has no soil.
It's hydroponic similar rules as coco, not the exact same though.
Feed at 5.8
Next day plain water.
Then feed again the next day.
Every day just alternate Feed and water.

Stay safe
Bill
That’s it??

Good morning bill!! Nice to hear from ya. I’m well. 1year 1 day well. Lol.

How do you feel about the earth juice line of nutrition? Do not use dry amendments? Right?

That’s it??

Good morning bill!! Nice to hear from ya. I’m well. 1year 1 day well. Lol.

How do you feel about the earth juice line of nutrition? Do not use dry amendments? Right?
I haven't herd anything bad about it.
But I've never used it personally.
I'd be more inclined to go with @Prescription Blend.

Stay safe
Bill

Peat or peat moss, sphagnum moss is mostly inert medium which may hold a nutrient mixture for plants, can easily be flushed from excess nutrient buildup. Peat moss lacks the soil constituents and will not break down break down or compost complex nutrient bonds into simple nutrient bonds as soil is able. You want to adjust the nutrient mixture to pH 5.8 similar to hydroponic environments. Pro-Mix Hp or Bx variety's are good quality sources of peat moss and available at certain stores in off seasons. I use peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae for my plants. I would mix a soilless mixture in a ratio of 60% peat moss, 20% perlite and 20% vermiculite. If using Pro-Mix HP would only need to add an additional 10% perlite, 20% vermiculite and mycorrhizae. The Pro-Mix BX can also be used by adding an additional 10% perlite and 20% vermiculite.

ProMix is a quality product but 'how to use it' can be confusing sometimes. I noticed that several in the group have posted messages while I was looking at a bunch of the Pro-Mix websites. I will post this message and read what the others have said.

A few Pro-Mix blends have soil added in but most do not and the BX seems to be one of those that does not.

Bales of ProMix BX come three different ways that I have found so far and there might be more. All of them seem to be marked as "general purpose". The types are:

Pro-Mix BX (Black Bag)

Pro-Mix BX Mycorrhizae (White Bag)

Pro-Mix BX Biofungicide + Mycorrhizae (White Bag)

All three are labeled general purpose. I have found references on the ProMix website that the stuff has some fertilizers or nutrients added but no mention of what these might be. Also noticed mention that the BX might be able to feed plants for up to 3 months. So far have not found that the BX line of products contains any soil humus or any worm castings or any compost.

The primary ingredients are peat moss, Perlite and Vermiculite but no mention of percentages. Peat Moss can be excellent for water and nutrient retention. The Perlite is great for drainage and aeration and keeping the mix from compacting. It improves the soil tilth. The right amount has to be mixed in with the Peat otherwise the Peat will trap & hold to much water. Then the Vermiculite can not only hold some moisture and nutrients but it also is a minor help in aeration and helping keep the mix from compacting.

Might be able to use any of them as is and experiment in how much water to use without causing problems. And experiment in what fertilizer blends to use and when to use them.

Or, maybe the Pro-Mix BX mix could be mixed with soils and worm castings along with other amendments and used to build a version of a Super Soil.

I’m looking at Promix mykro bx white bag. Your saying I should add more perlite and vermiculite?
1.water everyday
2. Alternate feedings (ie. water, food, water)

I’m not looking to experiment but more traditional. I have too many experiments going on at one time. Lol.

How about nutrition? Any lines recommended for this type of substrate?

I’m looking at Promix mykro bx white bag. Your saying I should add more perlite and vermiculite?
1.water everyday
2. Alternate feedings (ie. water, food, water)

I’m not looking to experiment but more traditional. I have too many experiments going on at one time. Lol.

No, I am not saying to add any Perlite or Vermiculite. I said that the company already adds those.

Whether to water every day is up to you. Same with a water and feed schedule. You will be experimenting as you figure out what works for you.

My mention of using the Pro-Mix to build a super soil is one of the many ways the stuff can be used. It is all up to you.

No real recommendations from me at this time except that you might have to include a Cal-Mag product especially if you are growing inside.

@CultivationArt best line of Nutes, Bill mentioned. I swear by them. Why don't you reach out to them in a PM and let them know you are very much interested in bettering your grow with their product line. It is available for retail sale on Amazon

No, I am not saying to add any Perlite or Vermiculite. I said that the company already adds those.

Whether to water every day is up to you. Same with a water and feed schedule. You will be experimenting as you figure out what works for you.

My mention of using the Pro-Mix to build a super soil is one of the many ways the stuff can be used. It is all up to you.

No real recommendations from me at this time except that you might have to include a Cal-Mag product especially if you are growing inside.
Dude!!!! Thankyou so freaking much.
It’s been one hella of week tryin to get just a minor amount of info. It’s always easier to get a direct answer to your way of putting the questions. Thankyou

If I can get calcium and magnesium separately. Would that be better yeah? Or is there a reason for the 2 to be together?

@Bill284 you too. Always first to help with your kind advice.

@CultivationArt best line of Nutes, Bill mentioned. I swear by them. Why don't you reach out to them in a PM and let them know you are very much interested in bettering your grow with their product line. It is available for retail sale on Amazon
Thankyou so much. I will right away

Dude!!!! Thankyou so freaking much.
It’s been one hella of week tryin to get just a minor amount of info. It’s always easier to get a direct answer to your way of putting the questions. Thankyou

If I can get calcium and magnesium separately. Would that be better yeah? Or is there a reason for the 2 to be together?

@Bill284 you too. Always first to help with your kind advice.
Bush Doctor Cal Mag is A Fox Farm product that I use religiously once a week 1tsp p gl

Another suggestion...

Do you have a schedule you follow with feeding? If not, make one. Document for a week how long they take to dry out any issues or discolorations drooping you see. Any notable notables, you will learn just how much to feed and when and then you can plan better.

I have a notebook I refer to but I have a chart and it seems old school and grade school like but along with my regular calendar, this is how I make sure I do my girls right with feeds and all that since I run different ages and strains and both the autos and photos which all require me to balance the feeds between them all. I'm not about to mix separate feeds for every strain but the system I've worked out with my @Prescription Blend just works perfect so I make sure to update and stick to the guidelines I made

I'm here to ramble about anything green w you just lmk...here's my chart and my nutrient areas (got a few empty jugs I have to fill, usually there's no room on my shelf lol)

Oh and what @SmokingWings said, I use toppings once a month-bat guano, earthworm castings and epsom

16438937818803365566454844764413.jpg

16438938703795357139545266031665.jpg

16438938931676991074702375671507.jpg

That should be easy to pick up later.

Glad it’s very concentrated, Must last a while
It does. Never use too much cal and mag have a tendency to be overused by growers and it causes an inability to upload nutes-a lock out. So follow the spec on the bottle and just once a week. I've had strains that needed a little more but you will notice...use this chart, too.

nutrient chart.jpg

Yeah. I keep track of weight and plant mass and how the plants responding each day of the week. Including any work I do. But this is my winter log that only
I can understand lol

And yes. I follow the bottles recommendation under general. Not heavy.

41FBFC54-59F2-4B62-9BED-7FC03C145B44.jpeg

Another suggestion...

Do you have a schedule you follow with feeding? If not, make one. Document for a week how long they take to dry out any issues or discolorations drooping you see. Any notable notables, you will learn just how much to feed and when and then you can plan better.

I have a notebook I refer to but I have a chart and it seems old school and grade school like but along with my regular calendar, this is how I make sure I do my girls right with feeds and all that since I run different ages and strains and both the autos and photos which all require me to balance the feeds between them all. I'm not about to mix separate feeds for every strain but the system I've worked out with my @Prescription Blend just works perfect so I make sure to update and stick to the guidelines I made

I'm here to ramble about anything green w you just lmk...here's my chart and my nutrient areas (got a few empty jugs I have to fill, usually there's no room on my shelf lol)

Oh and what @SmokingWings said, I use toppings once a month-bat guano, earthworm castings and epsom

16438937818803365566454844764413.jpg

16438938703795357139545266031665.jpg

16438938931676991074702375671507.jpg
You can pre mix and let sit at room temp without air? Just making sure I don’t do anything stupid.

Back
Top Bottom