Little experiment

Spliff Twister

Ok so I have heard people ask if you can take cutting from a flowering plant and root them and grow them. Well I have wonder this as well and have the ability to try and find out so I am.

Ok these cutting where taken 2-3 days ago from 2 flowering super kush plants 3 weeks into flowering.

se1.JPG

se.JPG

im new to growing and all but im gonna be making clones from my plants aswell, but when i watched this movie about growing and cloning, they made smaller cuts then that and no leaves were as big as that one. So my question to you is, arent those a little large for clones? just wondering cuz i dont wanna cut small ones then find out i did it wrong or anything ya know?

I have done it both ways and if you look closely you will even see one clone that is just a stick and two leafs.
I make them larger because I did do smaller one and then after they rooted they where only a inch or 2. The strain I am growing is a Kush and grows very slow so I want them to be taller. If I was growing a faster growing strian I would probobly make the clones smaller.

To be honest I have also had a much higher root rate with larger cloens then smaller ones. I even rooted a stick with one leaf which is why that stick with two leafs is in there now.

This is just for shits a giggels but if they do root I'm gonna stick them outside and flower them as is.

Update Still no roots that I can see but I will be putting them in a new spot today or tomorrow so they can get more attention.

sk_ex_1.JPG

sk_ex.JPG

Alright so I had to make room to try and get some green crack clones and some sour deisel clones in my dome so I tossed all the super kush's that didn't root yet. I think 7 or so rooted and I'll have to figure out what to do with them. So 50% rooted in less then 2 weeks not to bad. I would have had to more rooted if I had given them some more time as I noticed they barlt started to root.

I don't know if I should flower them as is or veg them for a little while.
Pictures later today or tonight.

Ok so the experiment is done. Ethier those fucker attracted mites or one of the clones people brought me had them but ethier way all my clones got mites. They all had great root structure thoguh and when I get baked I'll take pictures for everyone.

Stupid mites killed all my sour deisel clones half the green cracks and forced me to put my purple haze clone outside where it will surly die. So far the cat piss doesnt seem to have any signs of mites I neemed the crap out of it today will be doing that every few days to all my clones just to be safe. Hoping my super kush clones I took a few days ago are strong enough to fight of any mights that go after it will have to see still havent rooted so i cant neem them yet. I HATE MITES!

If you got clones from a outside source then you all of a sudden got mites I'd bet $100.00 that the mites came with the new clones. You should always quarantine new clones for at least 2 weeks to look for baddies. Another option is for you to dip them in a pyrethrum solution before introducing the new ones into the clone box/room.

No not likely 3 clones came together and only one has any signs of mites. 2 other clones came together and one was badly infested and the other had no signs of mites. The plant that was infected the worest was weak and having problems.

Now all my other clones that I tossed where together in a humidty dome this is where the clones that where budding where at. Evey single one of the clones that where budding had mites. Where I live I have never seen mites on a vegging plant that didn't start with mites. I have seen plenty on flowering plants 3 weeks or more in.

I'm not to worried about it. I didn't want to grow the sour deisel anyway to much of a pain my super kush that I just put in a few days ago don't seem to have any mites yet and really as long as my cat piss is ok I'll be ok. Plus winter is comnig up so that should put the mites to sleep for a few months long enough for me to get things cleaned up.
No mites in ehtier of my flowering rooms that I could see Doesnt matter if they get in my super kush flwoering room as those babies are way to healthy to let some stupid mites get the best of them plus they only have 2-3 weeks of flowering left.

I would cry if they get in my other flowering room as they havent even been flowering for 2 weeks yet

Back
Top Bottom