AllSmiles 2017 Organic Grow Using Recycled Soil

Making holes...!

That 6 is fat as hell, and she has that look about her. Like a plant you were warned about, not to touch. SD is amazing, she's gotta treat you right with some cure. Congrats on a great harvest, you've got to be stoked. :bravo:
:laughtwo:

Oh man. Super stoked bro! Tested out SD2 last night and damn! Blew me away. Euphoric, clear headed, and wipes away stress. Love it. With some cure this girl is going to do bad things to me but in a good way. I'll do a proper review of her after a couple more weeks. And 6 just put on some serious weight that last few days. Went from her supporting her self to everything leaning over to one side. Was afraid her main trunk was going to snap so popped in a bamboo stick and tied her up just in case. Can't wait to try her. While pulling the fans my gloves got sticky as usual but also just lathered in oil so it was a slippery sticky. She has a strong sweet smell to her too. Got a little test bud I'm going to try out tonight :):high-five:

Congrats on the heavy harvest...those plants look green & healthy right up to the end. That SD hanging to dry in front looks frosty as hell. Youngsters are beauties. :well done: :Namaste:
Thanks BL! I usually have a fade going on at the end of flower but this recycled soil and my top dress regimen gave them a constant supply of what they needed I guess. Very happy with how this first round turned out. Glad the govna got me over the hump and lollipopped S6. I'm sure that had a lot to do with the big buds. And after chopping her all up noticed I could have even shaved some more off her so next round going to do even more cleaning up of small flimsy branches. Cleaning her up was way easier without all that growth on the bottom too.:thumb:

Hey everyone, it's been awhile since my last update. Not too much going on right now. Flower room is empty but here are my current 3 girls. All are at 33 days from seed and were topped maybe 10 days ago. That is Mazar on the back right and the other 2 are Lanis.
IMG_647114.jpg

Mazar branches out nicely. Even before topping. The Lani's didn't respond too well after toppings but after about 4-5 days they are back in veg mode. Both still appear to be the same pheno. Going to trim them all down and only leave the top 2 branches. I top above 5th node when they are young and have found the bottom node never does much of anything in flower. Second one up is a toss so both are getting chopped so the plants can focus on the top 2 nodes. Will probably do another fem seed run with the cuttings. They are in 2 gals now and I've been foliar spraying daily with a light solution of Armor Si, Neptune Seaweed and RO. I do 8 oz of water and add 2-3 drops of ArmorSi. This shoots ph to over 10. I then add the seaweed until ph comes down to around 6.2. Plants seem to love it.

Going to give my thoughts on SD2 and S6 soon. They got jarred a week ago and just giving them a proper cure. So far I'm liking them. :volcano-smiley:

Yeah bro. :high-five: Testing has been great. It's been a few years growing now and everything just turns out fire. I'm honestly still in awe of growing and smoking my own weed. Can't get enough of it. I am starting to key in on the types of high and the intricacies in each I like the most. I've been doing fem seeds on all my grows cause who knows if I come across one that just lights me up. Plus its fun for me and doesn't require much extra work. I can then regrow and cross all the ones on my A list and see what turns out :) Like a hobby within a hobby that keeps a smile on my face :)

Thanks BL. The humidity is starting to drop here in CO and my readings are in 50s now which is not bad but I like to give them a little moisture in the mornings. So instead of plain water every day I'm hoping it's a light enough solution that it won't hurt to use throughout veg and provide them some benefits. I mist pretty lightly and only try to hit the under side of the leaves. I've read that SI helps build stronger cell walls among other things. Just trying to get them as strong and healthy going into flower which then I kind of relax and let them do there thing. I don't foliar during flower once the hairs start showing up. I'm watching them closely.

You think I should back off some?

Cool....had not known/heard of using Si foliar. :thanks:

After reading a few of the "grizzled veterans" journals on 420, I was turned on to horsetail fern tea. A common plant found most places, that is very high in Si as well as an excellent preventative for mold. So, if you can find any of that, you would have a great source of Si as well as prevent mold. I happened to find all I could ever need in my driveway lol.

Cool....had not known/heard of using Si foliar. :thanks:
Yeah, don't see many people foliar with SI. I have that ArmorSI from when I was doing DWC. Instead of tossing it I figured I could use it as foliar and not disturb the organic soil. The label on it also has a foliar dosage. We'll see how it turns out. I've foliar sprayed my previous round with it but not quite as frequent as this current run.

After reading a few of the "grizzled veterans" journals on 420, I was turned on to horsetail fern tea. A common plant found most places, that is very high in Si as well as an excellent preventative for mold. So, if you can find any of that, you would have a great source of Si as well as prevent mold. I happened to find all I could ever need in my driveway lol.
Haha...Nice! I did not know that was a good source of SI. I'll have to keep an eye out for it on my next walk. I may need to grow that in my garden. I bought some comfrey and stinging nettle seeds that I eventually plan on growing around my garden. May as well add some horse tail :)

Sorry for the lag in updates. Been over indulging in SD2 and S6.

Did some plucking of all the new girls, Mazar and Lani, and used the cuttings for clones to make fem seeds. These are pics 8 days after cuttings were taken. I've tried different rooting solutions but have gone back to my clonex bottle that is going on 3 years old. Still working great and by far the fastest results. I won't be using anything other than clonex here on out. Definitely worth the little extra $ in my opinion.
IMG_96908.jpg
IMG_96897.jpg

Here's a current pic of the new girls and clones. Mazar is in the front and 2 Lanis are in the back. They were fully defol'd 3 days ago and vegging nicely. Mazar had pistols showing on every node at only 30 days from seed. She just wants to be flowered. Here they are at day 43 from seed. Currently they are in 2 gal and needing watered every 3 days. Will go to 7 gal probably in a week. I kept 4 clones, 2 mazar and 2 lanis, for fem seeds.
IMG_647911.jpg
IMG_648811.jpg

Been enjoying Sour Diesel #2 and Serious 6 over the Labor day weekend.

SD2 - She's got a nice sour smell to here with only hints of diesel and pine. Very smooth smoke using a vape at 370 degrees. A nice sweet and sour on the first hit with the diesel and pine very noticeable on exhale. Subsequent hits are more sweet and clean. Definitely a sativa leaning high that is clear and euphoric but also gives a nice body buzz that I like quite a bit. Great smoke and can't wait to get with her after a few months of cure.
IMG_97663.jpg

Serious 6 - She's got a nice sour, citrus smell with like a fresh paint almost puke like after tones. Another smooth smoke where the citrus comes thru and light tones of diesel and paint :) The high is very similar to that of SD2 with clear and euphoric but not as much of a body buzz. Another high quality smoke.
IMG_97615.jpg

I can definitely recommend SD2 and Serious 6. SD2 is not quite as strong of a smoke as S6 but gives a nice body high where S6 is more of a subtle body high but strong head high. Only time will tell if they are ones I keep reaching for but great start for sure.

:peace::)

Thanks brother. It does kinda look like I'm expanding but I'm still trying to keep it down. I did a lot of clones this round that way I could be more selective of ones I will use for fem seeds. I threw all but 4 away and they will flower in those small 1 qt pots. Giving them more time to veg this time before spraying with CS. The 2 girls flowering in 7 gals was perfect last time. Less time trimming and provided a good balance for my life style. I have 3 this time around but plan on lollipopping a lot to keep trimming to a minimum. I wanted to make sure I had a Lani pop so I did 2 seeds. They both popped and I couldn't get myself to throw one away. Something about starting from seed and caring for them in the fragile seedling stage that gets me too attached :laughtwo: A new hump i need to get over:)

After this round I may go to 4 girls at a time in 3 gal pots or 6 girls in 2 gal pots. No sink in the basement so have to keep lugging water up and down the stairs to a minimum.

They all look awesome AS. I too use clonex exclusively for my cloning as it's never let me down. My clone success rate is easily over 90%...actually, I can't remember having one fail though there have been times they've taken a few days longer than others, but they always seem to push out some roots between 10-14 days. I have a jar of gel I've had for 2 years and still keeps on truckin'

I've kept this pheno of lani in my garden for the last 2 years and have the last two getting ready for their final pots in the next week or so. I'll keep running it, but will germ some fresh seeds next time around on it.

They all look awesome AS. I too use clonex exclusively for my cloning as it's never let me down. My clone success rate is easily over 90%...actually, I can't remember having one fail though there have been times they've taken a few days longer than others, but they always seem to push out some roots between 10-14 days. I have a jar of gel I've had for 2 years and still keeps on truckin'
Thanks bro! Clonex is legit. I won't stray from it again for cloning. I was trying other stuff cause my bottle was getting old but now I know its still good and I have over half the bottle left. Hopefully it stays good for another few years.

I've kept this pheno of lani in my garden for the last 2 years and have the last two getting ready for their final pots in the next week or so. I'll keep running it, but will germ some fresh seeds next time around on it.
Nice! Looks like you have this strain pretty stabilized:thumb: Both seeds I popped were the same pheno. At least they appear to be so far.

Can't wait for these to finish. Now that I think about it I may just flower one of my Lanis now in the 2 gal pot :) And veg the other along with the Mazar for another 2-3 weeks.

Quick update on the current girls. They are all 65 days from seed. I did end up flowering one of the Lanis in its 2 gal pot. Here she is at 13 days of 12/12.

IMG_65019.jpg

Here are the girls still vegging. They were transplanted from 2 gal to 7 gal 5 days ago. This Lani seems to have a Mag deficiency. Some of her leaves have that skeletal kind of look. You can kind of see it on the flowering Lani in the pic above. The leaf on the bottom edge of the photo. The transplant should take care of that for a couple weeks. Mazar is not showing any deficiencies. Going to let them veg for a couple more weeks and then flip. Mazar is in the back and Lani in the front.
IMG_650410.jpg

And the clones for fem seeds. Two lanis in the front and 2 mazars in the back. These will be the biggest girls i've used for making fem seeds. I'll probably start flowering the girls that will get sprayed with colloidal silver in the next couple days and give them a good 7-10 day headstart before flowering the others to receive the pollen.
IMG_650714.jpg

I may end this years grow with these girls. If I do start more girls it will be 3 sativas to flower out thru christmas to end the grow until next Spring.

:peace::)

I've had that look now and then too on the lanis, but usually a healthy drink of tea and transplant (from doc's kit) clears it right up on all new growth. They all look really good though.

FYI, I've finished a few in 3 gal pots before and they've done just fine albeit with lower yield, but the produce was still top shelf.

Very healthy as usual for you AS. Good to have a little company in the 2 gal. club. :Namaste:
I'm thinking of growing a lot in 2 gals next year. Been making all these fem beans. About time I start testing them out:) Gonna be a blast!
I've had that look now and then too on the lanis, but usually a healthy drink of tea and transplant (from doc's kit) clears it right up on all new growth. They all look really good though.

FYI, I've finished a few in 3 gal pots before and they've done just fine albeit with lower yield, but the produce was still top shelf.

The new growth is looking great. I gave tea for the 7 gal transplant as well :) I use to grow quite a bit in 3 gals but with synthetics and got decent yields. If I can get 1-2 ounces from 2 gal with organics I'll be ecstatic. Not expecting too much though. Just want that quality!

Back
Top Bottom