Little over dried and cured - Any tricks to soften

Hazie Clear

First timer, so afraid of mold, maybe over dried. Any tricks to take the crisp out? 7 days of probably drying a touch to fast. 3 weeks of curing.... Still just a bit crispy. I was thinking about soaking some of the small stems I have, and putting in jar. Still scared that might produce mold though. Whatcha think?

Boveda 62s if you can find them.
They are a 2-way device, that looks like a big sugar packet, and they will add or subtract humidity to the jar, and keep it a constant 62RH. Snips of orange peel can work too, but I try not to put anything wet, into my jars. You may be able to rehydrate your buds, but if they failed to cure properly, due to lack of moisture and a premature end of the process, then all you will be doing is added water for a better texture - the flavor and potency will not be bettered, as it is with a full cure. Best of luck man! :Namaste::peace: Many first timers don't have to worry about curing :)...so good job at getting them to harvest. You can refine the process for your next one!

Hazie Clear,

Over the years I've used an apple slice, orange or lemon peel, carrot and heard of folks using a piece of bread or two. Just got some of the 62% humidity packs about 3 months ago, and wonder where they've been all my life - I love them.

I second CareStaker's congrats on your harvest! :bravo:

Thank you both. I've heard of these. I will try to find. Do you know if these are used at the beginning of curing. Or normally used after cure, to keep humidity?

Just about any cigar shop will carry humidity packs if you are in a hurry to fix problem. Just make sure you allow fresh air in about every two too four days.

I just had that happen to my Train Wreck. Here in CO its so dry you really have to be very careful not to over dry. I run Chrystal humidifiers for cigar humidors on my stuff. All you have to do is drop it in RO water and its new again. Never have to buy another. You just have to remember to give fresh air. Good luck and as always Happy Growing To ALL..

20140220_192440.jpg

if i get buds that dried to fast, ill jar them up. put the smallest drop of water on the lid of the jar. seal for a few hours, then open and pour out all the buds, if theyve all kinda fluffed up and dont feel crispy i put them back in and cure as normal. if they are still crisp i do it again, another small drop sealed for an hour or so and check. the checking after an hour or two is important tho because if you add water and its to much, the buds will get wet wet, thus causeing a mold issue.

I TAKE MINE dump it in a tray spread it all out and i take a spray bottle fill it with warm water set the spray nozel to fine mist and spray over the top of the tray and and let the mist fall down on it 2 or 3 good sprays about a foot over the top take your buds and role them over and do the same thing fluff it up alittle bit and put it back in storage container let it rehydrate .check after a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom