Lock out? Or Nutrient deficiency?

Hambone555

I’m guessing my ph was off today when I watered...... which locked it out... causinga Nitrogen deficiency.... ?! ‍♂️

I had a Ph meter and TDS / EC reader but sent it back yesterday cuz the Ph meter wasn’t working properly wouldnt calibrate properly. Just my luck.. they needed water today. I know that my rain water was @ a Ph of 8.3 last time I used it. So I did give 10ml of Ph down (eye balling it)

So this is where I am at.... later today. ‍♂️ It’s only apparent on two of the plants.

So I gave them some blood meal 14-0-0 and fertilizer 4-4-4

New meter and reader arrives on Friday. I got a much better one this time #ffs

Any feedback is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 6F21F476-8864-417D-B8BD-4E3728369B79.jpeg
    6F21F476-8864-417D-B8BD-4E3728369B79.jpeg
    548.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 5B748BE9-F40D-4302-B8F6-B621BC605094.jpeg
    5B748BE9-F40D-4302-B8F6-B621BC605094.jpeg
    626 KB · Views: 88
Ph out, wait until have meter or one drop test kit, guessing will kill your plants...

When I ordered a cheap one from Amazon I actually ordered two. I've got one as a backup. I probably ought to test that back up which I haven't done yet.:hmmmm:

When I ordered a cheap one from Amazon I actually ordered two. I've got one as a backup. I probably ought to test that back up which I haven't done yet.:hmmmm:
Confucius said: Man with watch always knows the time. Man with two watches is never sure. :) Better to have a good chemical test backup imo for better reliability. A calibration fluid should do the job as well.

You should. Those yellow ones are shit...! lol

I just realized the one I ordered this morning wasn’t arriving til mid July. Have to cancel that. Just bought a 2 in 1 with probes and wires used on aquariums etc.... that one is arrive Friday

Confucius said: Man with watch always knows the time. Man with two watches is never sure. :) Better to have a good chemical test backup imo for better reliability. A calibration fluid should do the job as well.
What do you mean by calibration fluid.

This year is my first year growing from seed. Still have lots to learn

What do you mean by calibration fluid.

This year is my first year growing from seed. Still have lots to learn
Do a search on Amazon for pH calibration fluid. When I ordered my meters they come with a powder which I mix with distilled water.

Ph out, wait until have meter or one drop test kit, guessing will kill your plants...
Cool. Thanks.... 36 more hours to go..... *bitting my nails here. Jeeeezzzussss
Do a search on Amazon for pH calibration fluid. When I ordered my meters they come with a powder which I mix with distilled water.

Ohhhhhh..... the Ph BUFFer....... I have some lots actually. Meter wasn’t calibrating... kept getting Err after it flashed 3 times. Did a troubleshooting on it, even e-mailed the seller and they said to return it. Only had it 3 weeks.

Wait...... Heey...!! Are you saying I shoulda used the 6.86 ph buffer in the water before I watered...??? That buffer is only to be mixed per 250ml’s tho.? I have to many plants..... and would used up all my 6.86 buffer/calibrating solution

Cool. Thanks.... 36 more hours to go..... *bitting my nails here. Jeeeezzzussss

Ohhhhhh..... the Ph BUFFer....... I have some lots actually. Meter wasn’t calibrating... kept getting Err after it flashed 3 times. Did a troubleshooting on it, even e-mailed the seller and they said to return it. Only had it 3 weeks.

Wait...... Heey...!! Are you saying I shoulda used the 6.86 ph buffer in the water before I watered...??? That buffer is only to be mixed per 250ml’s tho.? I have to many plants..... and would used up all my 6.86 buffer/calibrating solution
I don't know what you mean when you say buffer. Either I'm confused or you are confused. Take your calibration solution / powder and read on there and follow the instructions. This is used only to calibrate your pen not to be poured on the plants.

I don't know what you mean when you say buffer. Either I'm confused or you are confused. Take your calibration solution / powder and read on there and follow the instructions. This is used only to calibrate your pen not to be poured on the plants.
Correct. I am aware. I thought you meant something else. I follow the instructions even looked at a few you tube videos. Even got my wife. Who’s a checmistry major and runs the chemistry department at one of the largest universities in the country..... the Ph pen was defective. I appreciate the feed back.

The defective one has already been returned and my new ph and tds meter just arrived. So I should be good now.

Cheers!

The one I got actually referred to the ph calibration crystals as “buffer” hence why I used that term. Sorry for the confusion. I’m not up to speed with verbiage

Back
Top Bottom