Long term In Depth Grow Plan, help opinions comments wanted [DWC LST Horizontal]

Must-GroNeeds

Hi All. New to forums so I hope this is in the right place to start this kind of thread, i hope for it to be an in depth planning process over the next few months , idk if uploading google sketch up models works on this forum or how it would.. but it would be cool as im building a model to help me in the planning. I want this grow to be entirely thought out , every detail from strain to DIY box (high quality) to trich details to lungs before the word go. Ive allready got about a month of research and planing in , its gonna take probably 3-5 months for me to save the cash to get started, so im not wasting a second, and comments, constructive criticism, general thoughts, or ideas all very welcome and appreciated, if this thread eventually grows in size and others can learn from what ive learned and will continue to learn then all the better. Thats what im here for, Collaborative efforts , sure im glad to get all help i recieve, but i intend to give back with my grow, turning it into an in depth, step by step grow log , for those who may be interested in doing a mimic of my grow. I want to prove to those unsure about growing your first grow that it can be achieved with a little planning, preperation, and diligence, and i anticipate my outcome to be delectable and if so others can benifit.

A few things about me...

Im disabled, Wheelchair bound (to a degree), My condition will improve to sub par normal over the next few years, but as of now its difficult to stand for more than 2 Min w/o resting for at least 30 sec in between,and i can only do that while holding my balence on something, this will get better as time passes, and my physical restraints become a back seat to the needs of my plants.

Im a very cautious person in nature, im shitty with spelling and punctuation lol not so much the knowledge of the latter but more the terrible habit of misuse. My apologies for that, i try and spell check as i can remember to. I am a Medical Card holder in Michigan (well soon to be). Aside from that , my cautious nature will have me keeping most everything else about identity or location confidential. Im not even telling my own friends about my grow lol and i dont plan on it, i'll likely convince them i have a really generous caregiver or something.

Anyways, Enough fiddle faddle. on to the business..

Keep in mind again, all of this is in planning and research phase, tho alot of the research is done and over, i still hope to learn / be re assured of things, and im sure others would to, so if my process goes well it can provide a basis for other people who are new to this all and unsure, and want to make sure we do it right the first time around, no exceptions. and if im in the wrong forum location, i apologize pretty new to forum ins and outs do's and dont's.

So on to the grow, and if possible (as of now im unsure if it can be done) i'll load my google sketch up designs correctly to scale to aid in my planning, but will help others see what i see, if u can in fact load that onto a forum.

Basically I did alot of research and have a few individuals to thank directly for the knoledge gained but i dont know the rules of referenceing who told u what or who posted what in what forum, so i'll try to stay out of that for now untill i know more. to try and keep this thread as clean as possible so to speak.

So I'll be Building a Grow box 7' tall with 5'9" aprox. of internal grow space, the rest being a lower compartment for possibly air stones to keep them cool, unsure of the rules of what needs to be elivated above your DWC tank and for what reasons, so thats still to be finalized. I included the lower compartment for hight reasons and so i can have a 1' clearing give or take to use the drain attachment that comes with the SH kit to empty and replenish easy, also a better work height for me whilst sitting in a wheelchair.

The box will be 4.5' wide and 2.5' deep of internal gro space, lined with mylar, however im open to more effeicient materal suggestions, im going for quality , wash and re-use grow setup, with possible adding of a second identical box in the future at least a year from now or more if ever.

I'll be useing low stress training early on after like the 3rd leaf node (not counting two first seed leaf things i read about) and training the plants outward away from each other horizontally from then on, hopefully to create many cola sites that think they are tops , allow for better light , and again help me alot by being at a disireable level, however, i left the box tall in case that doesnt work out and on my second grow i try topping / fimming and still be able to grow 4' plants.

LST you say? To where.. Tied to What.. How many Kits in one box?, Just one 6 planter 8 gal res, 2 or 3 airstones (havent decided) water pump, and water pump filter bag. Other peoples mistakes FTW! a shout out to those who came before us, fought and died to make this all possible. As for the LST i have a crazy idea that ive never heard of someone doing, Not much room to LST on a 8 gal res. so if my idea isnt destroyed by knowledge bombs of the pros, what will happen is my res will be wide ways and front and center flush with the end of the drain attachment at where the doors close. Connected to the lid of the res i'll have some light wood framewoork secured to it on all 4 sides , framework extending near the interior walls where a rest (design in progress) that will make the lid, connected to the woodwork, esentially be one giant lid (or will lift like one) and allow it to be proped up as a whole to get in the tank, hence the secureing to the lid. The wood framework will hold a run of chickenwire that will run over the whole setup , maybe not directly over the res itself, but everywhere else . allowing me to grow my plants from the res in every direction keeping them away from eachother and helping to create as many top colas as possible. Under dream circumstances i could have 5 plants in one res at full matureity and even tho the res is 14" x 21", the horizontal grow will fillt he container of 2.5 x 4.5, In theory, front left cup tilted left growing strait left (eventually tilted) and growing back arround twards itself once it runs out of room, Front right cup would do the same but in the other direction, Leaving the middle front cup open for water access when lifting the lid isn't necessary. Back middle cup would go back twards the back of the box going slightly left and arround clockwise filling the middle back section leaving room on both corner locations for my corner plants to grow on, basically all 5 plants, maybe 4.. we'll see (ive seen full 5 plants no drastic LST done grow huge in pics of the SH 8 gal res system.. looked amazing and inspired me)but ya all 5 plants will be makeing a spiral likely by the end of veg, and as i LST them arround the direction i want i'll also be tyeing down the side branches along the way as well. as well as some minor topping as i feel comfortable with. this is all based on what i kno now, i may learn alot and have to change plans, but id like to not have to do that beings this setup would be ideal for me and seemingly ideal for yield, which is most important as i'll be able to grow no more than these, and maybe an added 5 gal bucket diy if the LST horizontal grow doesnt go so well and i do regular topping methods the second grow.

Rambleing on so much i almost forgot about lights.. I'll be useing alot , ALOT of CFL's , probably 1500+ wats by flowering, multi spec. veg and bloom bulbs. Durring Veg i'd be having 6 clamp reflectors , the good ones, all with 2 way spliters and 2 85 watt bulbs ( i like the rotateability of this so i can spoil certain colas if i so disire with what i calculate to be the best mixture of light for it) At least i think they are 85 watts , Its the Duel Spectrum II bulbs from SH website, if someone knows a cheaper place with same bulbs / reliability or w/e let me kno, they seem perfect for me based in the same state and all, and happen to sell the DWC feed tube kit that caught my eye, so i dont have to hastle to DIY that too along with the cabinet. Once bloom starts im aiming for 5-6 weeks from start till bloom. But once that starts i'll plug in and turn on the other side light system i will have nearly fully set up and ready to go b4 ever starting my grow, and it will consist of 3 power strips 5 42 watt cfl's 2 plug-socket adapters and 2 spliters each, i might take out the 5th bulb on each , or rather not do it, we'll see how light hungry i get, but my OCD says i should do 5 so i can have a 3/2 ratio of mixed spec, favorable to bloom on each of the 3 strip centers that will be mounted and vertically slideable on the left right and back walls with the strips long ways slideing at a center point and they will face down so the bulbs hang instead of stand.

But basically ya.. thats the plan, as of now, open to any discussion or comments criticism , again this is my frist grow, and i hope to prosper and provide insperation to other first time growers with high quality and yield the first time arround.

Looking for any input on things that wont work in my plan, any info on how to run the amount of watts and such , and info on ventilation, i plan to have internal carbon filter, all external will be flush and imitate a stand alone dresser (two big bottom drawers) with a wardrobe closet type of thing on top.
Recommended fans for silence? possibly and what good CFM might be for aprox a full air replacement ever 2-3 min. accounting for carbon filter resistance, and also a talk about airflow nessessity in this thread would be helpful, by that i mean, do i need to duct my exaust to the outside, i guess no, but i dont want a closed room cus plants need fresh air, but how strategic do i need to be, i plan on front bottom left passive air intake with light trap (internal) need to find out what size and whats the best light trap method. and the exaust will be top right back, back side, right side or roof undetermined, probably roof would be best, but can i just place that anywhere in a room with a door open to the rest of the house and that be entirely fine for air circulation? environmental controls being a whole other matter. Which we can touch on in the coming months as (hopefully) you (the community) and me will plan a super awsome grow that many growers to pass through 420 Magazine in the future can hopefully learn from. I honestly have no clue how forums work, and how threads get flaged as important, or what makes people check in on them to answer questions or whatever, or if doing it all in one thread is not the right way or what.. but in my imagination land i invision (this thread) to grow and prosper and become a large colaboritive effort to help get the planning and details worked out for my style grow op all in one easy to locate place for people to learn from. cus i wish i had more of that. well i did with certain posts made by bubble pioneers to whom i owe alot of credit. but not with a full stealth cab, diy and full LST aproach. and if as i hope, the actuall grow when it starts is a complete success then all the planning will have been documented, possibly with google sketchup 3d model if the forum supports that. and then it will transition nicely into a new thread in the grow journals where everyone will get to see how it unfolds as it happens with a step by step photo / vid grow guide tutorial. I couldnt find too many (if any) DWC LST in depth guides, and id like to try and be the one to change that.

Oh one more question.. Fans internal , ocilateing 4" desk fans , 3 of them under the plants / wood frame / chickenwire set up i discribed, set on all 3 sides of the res blowing up through the plants ocilateing non stop on low in the same positions the entire grow,... bad? good? too much? too litte? to stationary, should move fans alot?, also would it be good to have one above the grate wall mounted on a slide like the power strips to blow mid level through my plants ..

and what is it i read about UVB? like lights for lizard tanks that are dangerous rays to stay under for long, but u add them late near harvest to increse trich production? also chilling your plants, near harvest to increse trich's too yes? and flushing opinions.. good bad, otherwise. Hopefully this isnt too much for one post, again im new to this and this grow is only an idea / model / design as of right now, but i hope to turn it into a 2 thread guide to DWC with a focus on LST horizontal growing.(this thread then the actual grow log eventually.. by march hopefully. All this depending on weither i can live up to my own high expectations of my yet non exsistant abilities. Which i belive i can. Cus why not, everyone starts learning somewhere, and if other people are great at this and i learn from them and apply what they do to me and make my own blend of different opinions that form a hopefully kick ass grow tactic. Heres to hope, thanks for all the help in advance, and any questions about my grow set up or what made me come to the descision of this partictular tactic feel free, questions, criticism, comments and thoughts encouraged and welcomed, but please try and keep this thread constructive, cus i hope to form a medium from which others may learn as i did and follow in my footsteps if they so disire, thanks all, i need sleep be back sometime soon to check in.

Back
Top Bottom