Looking for suggestions for small grow set up

blk92mustang

Hey everyone, I just bought my first house recently and want to set up a small growing area in my basement. Basement is broken into two areas, washer/dryer room and another room to watch tv and hang out.

I want to put together something about 4x4 or slightly bigger. I plan on using a 400w hps light with electronic ballest. I would possibly like a small veg area near it too do the sea of green type method.

The ceiling is about 6.5ft only because the raffers hang lower. Any one got any ideas or have a similar set up/situation. Let me know

five rooms, each room used in 2 week intervals, depending on strain. first room seedling, second veg, third flower, fourth flower, fifth flower. that way you can ensure harvest every two weeks, construct the rooms from grow tents. 5 plants per room. should do you great. you could even get auto flower and use many cfls for low cost low heat. give it a shot

sounds like you have room to grow, lol.
What kind of initial budget are you looking at?
Hydro or soil?
How important is stealth? (I.E. do you have to worry about hiding the sight and sounds from a grow.

I don't have a ton of room. I would like the area stealthy. I had ideas of putting up a little grow area with a wood frame and it enclose it some how.

Or possibly a grow box idea. I like the one's they sell in high times, but they are very expensive. I would like something about the size of a shower possibly. I like the grow tent, but most seemed to be about 7ft tall and my celing is about 6.5ft in this part of the basement.

Please keep the ideas rolling, currently I have a nextgen 400w electronic ballast and hortilux hps buld, but still looking for a reflector I like. Thanks

Since you own the place I see no reason, other than possibly some mechanical ineptitude, to make your own grow room...I am using a home-made cabinet (4'W X 4'H X 2'D) and while it does the job I would L-O-V-E to have a room I could stand up in and that could be completely seperated from the rest of the house!

Really all you would need to do as none of the walls will be load bearing and hence support basically zero weight is get some 2X4's (or 2X6's if you want extra thickness for both heat and sound insulation) and frame up your room and then use some sheetrock to cover the walls (mudding and painting optional but highly recommended) inside and out. Be sure to put your insulation and electrical system in before you totally enclose the walls! From there just use your imagination for the rest. If not sheetrock on the outside then maybe some simple wood paneling but I would personally go with sheetrock on the inside for sure for durability and ease of repair.

You could even go so far as to build a small closet as a "decoy" and incorporate a hidden door in the back (seen this done quite effectively)...just don't put anything in the closet that is a pain to move. Old clothes on hangars work well. If anyone asks about the depth being off just make something somewhat plausible up...low hanging pipes, dead bodies, or whatever you think would work.

chicago joe, yes take the obvious precautions. a sloppy farmer is a sorry farmer. budget could be as little or as much as you want. but be clear cash only.are you interested in putting a thing together like tyhat?

Back
Top Bottom