lost a girl when the power went out

hayduke

Shit Shit Shit
Well I suffered yet another set back. I came home from an epic ski trip only to find that my power had got knocked off during a storm. I had 3 beautiful little girls 4 weeks into flower and 3 clones only a couple of days in the bucket ( I have a DWC set up) They were all devastated, I lost 2 clones and one of the girls. I guess I should feel fortunate that I was able to save 2 of the gals. And even though they look horrible they have come out of it and are starting to grow again. I wasn't sure what to do and I didn't have time to get online and hit you guys (and girls) up for advice. So I just had to guess what to do and hope for the best.
First of all I should say the power was off for, as best I can tell, about 14 to 24 hours. Like I mentioned before I have a DWC set up so when I lost the power of course I lost the air feed to the roots, it killed virtually all of the fan leaves, only some of the youngest ones were spared and I had to clip the tips of a couple of buds.
So I'll tell you what I did and if any one can offer any advice on what to do, should this happen again, I would be most grateful.
As soon as I discovered what had happened I put the mature plants in GH Florakleen (I have no real evidence just observation but it seems to stimulate additional root growth as well as flushing the salt build up) at any rate I left them in the flush for around 36 hours and then put them into a mild nute solution for 2 days and then went back to full strength nutes after that. It appears now that they're going to make it to harvest but they look like they "was rode hard and put away wet"
Since I have very limited experience I'm certain I could have done better, and I'm wondering if anybody can offer any insight.
Hayduke

i fear this every spring, when the rain comes.. im glad not all was lost.

Back
Top Bottom