Lost Pics and Dying problem

Medical

So In short had to make a very long and painfull drive. Here's what I found out.

ATTENTION ALL NEWBIE HYDRO AND SOIL.

DON'T CHEAP OUT ON PH METER.

Yes, money was getting tight and I bought a couple of rapitest meters (still under the return policy, so going back ASAP). THEY ARE CRAP !!!

I sat down with a very smart Hydro guy. Layed out the nuits, equipment, diagnosis (condition ) of my plants.

Conclusion;

1. Equipment right.
2. Nuits right.
3. Proceedure right.
4. METER... WRONG!!!

LOOKED LIKE A PH PROBLEM:hmmmm:

After making 5gal of acid due to the crappy meter I gecided if any more effort was going to be invested I need answers..

Bought a Hanna digital ph meter. The guy gave me a $45.00 break!! He gets my business. I found out the rapit test was over 3points ph high. Added what was left of the white viniger brought the ph down to 6.1 . I will get more to continue to flush and regulate. I'm hearing huh, viniger. Yes viniger will lower ph and bakeing soda (sodium bicarbinate) will rase it. It very forgiving to newbies. And cheaper than the $14.00+- per 2lb bottles.

Hopping this will solve the dying problem. Gee guss I now can rember how to spell dying...:cheesygrinsmiley:

you might want to buy some real pH up and down. vinegar and baking soda will cause salt to build up in your system. pay attention to your ppm as well.

I have a better ideal, why wouldn't you just but ''pro mix" in the black bag, make sure it's for tomatoes cause they have changed their packaging. With this kinda of soil it adjusts it's ph level on it's own. Don't skimp on soil , plus it's the best soil for this plant.:smokin: :allgood:

Thanks for the reponse every one. And a big kudu to the Capt'n... The $45.00
will be used to tread the lady. I hear you about the salt and I'll keep an eye out. I used just a little bit of some ph down powder and was able to lower it even more to 5.7 then after a good sturing let the air pump run an hour in the 5gal bucked and retested again. Right on the money at 5.8ph. Now I'm holding my breath to see if the new water with the correct ph and a dash of superthrive ( I also added some H202, about 4drops per gal ). The H202 should help take care of any bad stuff affecting the roots. I even do this, a couple of drops to a cup of ph bal water and also 4drops of superthrive to germinate. Wow speed it up fast. This was used on 2yr old seed. Don't forget to soak seed for 24hrs first before placing paper towels.:allgood:

Spend the $ and get pH up n down.

Potting soil made for tomato's is NOT the best potting soil for mj.

Hydrated lime acts as a buffer to modify pH and can be added to any potting soil.

Ranger..
I'm not trying to "cheap" out. I drove over 225 miles to get the new ph meter. Since then I've had to use very little of the remaining ph down I have left. Also noticed that when I over shot the mark and added some Bakeing Soda I got to .1 ph of the 5.8, just very little sprinkle and right on the mark.

Plants still dying, but some still hanging in. The screwed up ph (acidic) may have did some damage to them. But I'm flushing and changing the water every other day now.

are you growing hydro or in soil, for soil you want to the ph around 6.5. no clue bout hydro

Back
Top Bottom