Love your soil: coco

ChocolatChunk

In loving the soil (or coco) you will create a place where the plant will thrive from.
Plants transport sugars they make during the day to the soil at nice and this in turn feed microbes.
When you care for and feed these microbes they will fortify the soil with enzymes and broken down stuff you put in.
This is why peat moss is a bad thing to use because theres so much woody crap and anything really woody like some newer blends i wont say names... Your making them microbes work at breaking down what you aren't trying to feed the plants.
You aren't feeding your plants youre feeding the soil microbes and some soil youre also feeding other microorganisms.
So in short using coco and coco blends theyre free from extra bologna.
This is why synthetic fertilizers are common because theyre mostly already broken down except for ammonical nitrogen like urea derived house plant food. it does hurt your microbes so thats why we add them back because we are also killing them unless your are fully organic. If you are i am envious of you.
Anyone familiar with the nitrogen cycle give yourself a pat on the back because you understand nitrate nitrogen is the final state of nitrogen and is the best most readily available form to a plant.
Does it matter if you go synthetic to organic and back and fourth? Imo yes and no... I know that sounds crazy but theres more than 1 way to do a lot of different things. If you use both you have benefits of organic slow release and quick release readily available plant food.
Its like Mcdonalds vs. A good hearty homecooked meal... And im not talking white bread and govt. Cheese. Im talking steak and eggs for breakfast and vegetables and fruits lota of greens and good natural stuff your gonna feel a lot better going the natural route... No body builder is eating that sh!ti
So we go to phosphorus... Use that natural shir rock flour, guanos digested foods, bone meals and on and on.
Great for the soil and then potassium
Your plants will love you for putting a little extra in when you can. Especially the older they get.
I like natural forms like langbenite and organic banana peels dried and burned to a crisp.
This goes back to N
Coffee grinds?
Always put that shit in your soil but first burn that too burn that and the banana together.
Mix a tablespoon per gallon of soil once a month or from the jump.
You will also get added benefits from other thing like alfalfa from the feed store theres different size pieces so they have different break down times.
Fish tank water and especially the poo from the filters!!!
Your cannabis plants are NITROPHILES meaning: they love the N
So yes use more Nitrogen dont be shy in fact... The University of Utah has a wonderful breakdown on cannabis nutrition and the guy puts anyones 2 cents on plant food to shame as well as anything important about growing the best cannabis.
From my personal experience the more natural stuff i use the better the girls taste and look.
Sometimes i give them.some milk but they appreciate when i add plant enzymes once a month
They love humic and fulvic acids.
Kelp
Kelp
Kelp
Kelp
Kelp
Kelp
Sugars simple and complex
ACID
ACID
ACID
WATER
WATER
WATER
Then
More
WATER you fools!
Having a lot of success making due without the fancy expensive bottle too... Like use epsom salt stop buying stupid things like bud factor x thats what it is... Sorry big mike your a clown... sue me
People... Stop falling for the bull
Make your plants and soil a tea with worm castings and put some plant specific beneficial bacteria and fungi in that batch water it in and enjoy the beautiful smell your roses will create.
Im not gonna lie i use 5 or 6 different linds of sugars...
From candy, also knocked AN and use their csrboload powder because why by something watered down right? Natural honey, molasses cut that shit 2 to 3 weeks before harvesting even sooner. Milk sugars, a dextrose magnesium sulphate(corn sugar and epsom salt) supplement called carboblast, liquid weight and for a last week feed bcuz flavor c is a 0-0-9... And the source of my original molasses is sugar beets molasses but i use biobizz grow 2-1-6 used through veg and bloom.... I might sneak a little liquid weight in there every now and then too hehe.
I know i said stay away from the fancy bottle but any silica you can get your hands on that contains the mono silicic acid get that too!
I know i know its not derived from a fish's ass but this will make your uncles weed looknlike straight dirt brick sh!ti compared to yours.
Say uncle... Hahaha a little break smoke a bong or something
Do NOT ever piss in tour soil I dont care what legends tou hear that is foul how about you drink your own urine and tell me how you like it... Want to make your plant green?
Have some love for your soil and stop neglecting it.. Dont have to feed wverytime you water in fact that is not good its like over eating yes people who over eat are big and thats also a genetics thing or a glandular issue or some sh!ti
Your soil will get toxic and you will over work your microbes and you dont want to keep adding expecting everything to be alright when all you might just need to do is figure out a way to drop the PH...
Well my last organic tip is a quarter (1/4) teaspon of citric acid to a gallon of water to lower a whole ph level by 1 or slighty more... Alao dont be afraid to use some peroxed and aspirin antacid pain reliever tablets for added calcium and saliclyic acid to increase your plants natural resistance to pest and viral attacks.. Even some vitamin c is good for them girls! Explore the natural world of what plants like and gurantee you will love your soil a lot more naturally and will be a lot happier of a person in the long run.
What are some.organic foods you people like to use im talking old school what is it you can never grow without.. I love the casting, the meals, the emulsions, the extracts the acids the good nitty gritty blood meal pineapple and coconut water microbial algae clean pond bacterias burnt coffee grinds... Used tea banana peel crab fish and all the lobster compost kelp things i can get my hands on... Dr earth is good chit mang

We need to teach our children to do the same thing and so on.

We need to free the plant and free the people!

Teach the youth to take care of our planet because they will inhabit it when we all die.

In loving the soil (or coco) you will create a place where the plant will thrive from.
Plants transport sugars they make during the day to the soil at nice and this in turn feed microbes.
When you care for and feed these microbes they will fortify the soil with enzymes and broken down stuff you put in.
This is why peat moss is a bad thing to use because theres so much woody crap and anything really woody like some newer blends i wont say names... Your making them microbes work at breaking down what you aren't trying to feed the plants.
You aren't feeding your plants youre feeding the soil microbes and some soil youre also feeding other microorganisms.
So in short using coco and coco blends theyre free from extra bologna.
This is why synthetic fertilizers are common because theyre mostly already broken down except for ammonical nitrogen like urea derived house plant food. it does hurt your microbes so thats why we add them back because we are also killing them unless your are fully organic. If you are i am envious of you.
Anyone familiar with the nitrogen cycle give yourself a pat on the back because you understand nitrate nitrogen is the final state of nitrogen and is the best most readily available form to a plant.
Does it matter if you go synthetic to organic and back and fourth? Imo yes and no... I know that sounds crazy but theres more than 1 way to do a lot of different things. If you use both you have benefits of organic slow release and quick release readily available plant food.
Its like Mcdonalds vs. A good hearty homecooked meal... And im not talking white bread and govt. Cheese. Im talking steak and eggs for breakfast and vegetables and fruits lota of greens and good natural stuff your gonna feel a lot better going the natural route... No body builder is eating that sh!ti
So we go to phosphorus... Use that natural shir rock flour, guanos digested foods, bone meals and on and on.
Great for the soil and then potassium
Your plants will love you for putting a little extra in when you can. Especially the older they get.
I like natural forms like langbenite and organic banana peels dried and burned to a crisp.
This goes back to N
Coffee grinds?
Always put that shit in your soil but first burn that too burn that and the banana together.
Mix a tablespoon per gallon of soil once a month or from the jump.
You will also get added benefits from other thing like alfalfa from the feed store theres different size pieces so they have different break down times.
Fish tank water and especially the poo from the filters!!!
Your cannabis plants are NITROPHILES meaning: they love the N
So yes use more Nitrogen dont be shy in fact... The University of Utah has a wonderful breakdown on cannabis nutrition and the guy puts anyones 2 cents on plant food to shame as well as anything important about growing the best cannabis.
From my personal experience the more natural stuff i use the better the girls taste and look.
Sometimes i give them.some milk but they appreciate when i add plant enzymes once a month
They love humic and fulvic acids.
Kelp
Kelp
Kelp
Kelp
Kelp
Kelp
Sugars simple and complex
ACID
ACID
ACID
WATER
WATER
WATER
Then
More
WATER you fools!
Having a lot of success making due without the fancy expensive bottle too... Like use epsom salt stop buying stupid things like bud factor x thats what it is... Sorry big mike your a clown... sue me
People... Stop falling for the bull
Make your plants and soil a tea with worm castings and put some plant specific beneficial bacteria and fungi in that batch water it in and enjoy the beautiful smell your roses will create.
Im not gonna lie i use 5 or 6 different linds of sugars...
From candy, also knocked AN and use their csrboload powder because why by something watered down right? Natural honey, molasses cut that shit 2 to 3 weeks before harvesting even sooner. Milk sugars, a dextrose magnesium sulphate(corn sugar and epsom salt) supplement called carboblast, liquid weight and for a last week feed bcuz flavor c is a 0-0-9... And the source of my original molasses is sugar beets molasses but i use biobizz grow 2-1-6 used through veg and bloom.... I might sneak a little liquid weight in there every now and then too hehe.
I know i said stay away from the fancy bottle but any silica you can get your hands on that contains the mono silicic acid get that too!
I know i know its not derived from a fish's ass but this will make your uncles weed looknlike straight dirt brick sh!ti compared to yours.
Say uncle... Hahaha a little break smoke a bong or something
Do NOT ever piss in tour soil I dont care what legends tou hear that is foul how about you drink your own urine and tell me how you like it... Want to make your plant green?
Have some love for your soil and stop neglecting it.. Dont have to feed wverytime you water in fact that is not good its like over eating yes people who over eat are big and thats also a genetics thing or a glandular issue or some sh!ti
Your soil will get toxic and you will over work your microbes and you dont want to keep adding expecting everything to be alright when all you might just need to do is figure out a way to drop the PH...
Well my last organic tip is a quarter (1/4) teaspon of citric acid to a gallon of water to lower a whole ph level by 1 or slighty more... Alao dont be afraid to use some peroxed and aspirin antacid pain reliever tablets for added calcium and saliclyic acid to increase your plants natural resistance to pest and viral attacks.. Even some vitamin c is good for them girls! Explore the natural world of what plants like and gurantee you will love your soil a lot more naturally and will be a lot happier of a person in the long run.
What are some.organic foods you people like to use im talking old school what is it you can never grow without.. I love the casting, the meals, the emulsions, the extracts the acids the good nitty gritty blood meal pineapple and coconut water microbial algae clean pond bacterias burnt coffee grinds... Used tea banana peel crab fish and all the lobster compost kelp things i can get my hands on... Dr earth is good chit mang

We need to teach our children to do the same thing and so on.

We need to free the plant and free the people!

Teach the youth to take care of our planet because they will inhabit it when we all die.
Interesting reading and I applaud you for your in-depth detail on the importance of soil care. For those that grow in dirt, I empirically agree with your assessment. Soil is the second most important item for a quality grow; using a quality seed being the first.

Personally, I’m lazy by nature and use a pre-made product to feed my soil. But regardless, for those that like to play with adding supplements and beneficial microbes, your comment is right on.

Thanks for sharing some of that savvy of yours.

Thank you Garybo! My friend got a kick out of what I had to say too LOL
I guess it was somewhat of a rant; for the love of soil. I have to agree with seed being the overall deal breaker and # 1 component to a solid flower.
I forget to mention that my use of the premade products are religious in my garden LOL trying to stay away but for the cost of some of these dry fertilizers they're all pretty complete and work!.
The thing is it all works in a circle and all the different products last the few years for how much you get in a bag of all purpose organic plant food from walmart thats been OMRI stamped thats impressive its been revolutionized pretty good these indoor and outdoor gardeners have no idea how much they all have it made with all the information of the internet at their fingertips.
Why go through trial and error when other people can do and learn from them and then they see flowering is what really seperates the men from the boys.

Why go through trial and error when other people can do and learn from them and then they see flowering is what really seperates the men from the boys.
@ChocolatChunk
How true, my first grow which was many yrs ago, I just put a seed I accumulated from a bag I had bought in some dirt and let'r rip. It grew OK by sprinkling a few grains of yard fertilizer on her, but problem I had was I had no idea when the lady was ripe. Cut her too early and when dried to smoke I was obviously disappointed.

That is before the internet was available to learn from (now I'm giving out my age). A few yrs later the world opened up with the advent of the internet and chat pages became available and not much later forums became popular.
Happy to say my smoke now-a-days is a heck of a lot better, thanks to folks like the one's here at 420.

By the way, I've been involved in several forums over the years and the folks here are "the best", bar none. There is one I found out it is best to stay from if you don't want to be belittled, but I'll save that for another time.

Spark up

The first couple times at my parents trying to grow a few plants they caught me but its funny they didn't seem to mind that I wanted to grow it so since then I always thought less of it as a bad thing because thats what DARE and those stupid commercials brainwashed me to believe sadly.
But I did that too not being sure on ripeness. Same thing... Self disappointment LOL
Since the forums and blogging starting being a thing I have to admit it helped me become the gardener i am today with the knowledge to understand and this was always one of my favorite sites to stumble on when looking up a strain and seeing what others are doing and implementing little ideas from around the way... I first used some miracle grow on my plants lol and when i took their little greenhouses off and put them in the woods come back to skeletons... It was that point on I wish I knew about aspirin or essential oils and had some beer cans for slugs to get trapped in... I didn't know so thats why I love it here all open discussion and good content from the members.
Your story reminds me of the ol' bubblegum story the guy at the dead show kept a bag seed and it grew to become the bubblegum we are all familiar with to this day. All my bag seeds back in the day never made it but today I have a platinum backed line of plants I can thank bag seed for... Oh yes and all the skilled and talented gardeners on 420Magazine! Represent!

These garlic cake seeds I scored from a dumpster plant covered in mites turned into some pigs. All you need is a little patience.
The flower I'm calling orange cake because when I rub her stem in veg she smells like orange cake. Was lucky to have popped 2 of these big girls from seeds I made on accident from plants that didn't do well or impress me at all and costed 100$ for 10 going to have to say she has adopted gelato pollen and is why is so sweet smelling in the flower now.
My garlic cake was the result of an open pollinated Ice cream cake mother the dad was a huge garlic breath male from in house. These plants were 3 the one boy was not impressive and the other well very sticky and a nice mild sharp sweet almost garlicy smell and the girl well she is thicker than them and nice purpling like the male. But also a nice smell of both parent plants. Very oily plants with awesome terp profiles.
This is going to possibly turn into another grow chamber for keeping the pollen from getting bad but the rest of the flowers will be chopped anyways so its going to be an open pollination project and deserves a journal of its own but heres the spoiler.

20220226_212818_HDR.jpg

20220226_212224.jpg

Back
Top Bottom