Low pH in soil

Adamchuck

Hi masters,

I have checked my runoff water and I was shocked to discover very low ph levels. 5.6 to be exact. I use Dutch pro nutes and I was thinking if I apply the amount indicated by the company I’ll be just fine.
My conclusion is that I should’ve used less ;)

I started seeing yellowing tips in new growth and I am freaking out.

Is this issue reversible? How would you tackle this issue?

Picture below

Attachments

• F607286A-AC76-4D25-A0A4-9552E6226A0D.jpeg
    F607286A-AC76-4D25-A0A4-9552E6226A0D.jpeg
    934.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DBD06A71-30C3-46A8-BFDB-51EC316B3308.jpeg
    DBD06A71-30C3-46A8-BFDB-51EC316B3308.jpeg
    611.3 KB · Views: 24
Hi masters,

I have checked my runoff water and I was shocked to discover very low ph levels. 5.6 to be exact. I use Dutch pro nutes and I was thinking if I apply the amount indicated by the company I’ll be just fine.
My conclusion is that I should’ve used less ;)

I started seeing yellowing tips in new growth and I am freaking out.

Is this issue reversible? How would you tackle this issue?

Picture below

What you are seeing on the tips is the very beginning of nute burn. It's a very mild case. As a matter of fact, you'll see that a lot here in the forum. People will use it as a gauge on just how far they can push the feed. They'll increase feed levels up to the point they see that mild tip burn, then back the nutes off just a hair from that. The tips won't go back to green but you haven't done a lot of harm to them. Next time just feed them a slightly lower dose of nutes and all should be ok in the world.

What you are seeing on the tips is the very beginning of nute burn. It's a very mild case. As a matter of fact, you'll see that a lot here in the forum. People will use it as a gauge on just how far they can push the feed. They'll increase feed levels up to the point they see that mild tip burn, then back the nutes off just a hair from that. The tips won't go back to green but you haven't done a lot of harm to them. Next time just feed them a slightly lower dose of nutes and all should be ok in the world.
Thanks for your intake ;)
I imagine that the cause here isn’t nutes , but rather a ph issue that eventually causing nutes issues. The PH was low when I checked and I think about flushing the plants next time with high PH water to try and balance my soil. Would that work?

Thanks for your intake ;)
I imagine that the cause here isn’t nutes , but rather a ph issue that eventually causing nutes issues. The PH was low when I checked and I think about flushing the plants next time with high PH water to try and balance my soil. Would that work?

Tip burn is nute related. Soil has good pH buffering characteristics. In my opinion, people get too hung up on measuring pH runoff. A slurry test would probably be more accurate but I also feel it's unnecessary. Just scale back on the nutes and water till about 20% runoff.

Tip burn is nute related. Soil has good pH buffering characteristics. In my opinion, people get too hung up on measuring pH runoff. A slurry test would probably be more accurate but I also feel it's unnecessary. Just scale back on the nutes and water till about 20% runoff.
Thanks ;)
Have a great day/night ahead

Back
Top Bottom