ph way too low

wifi

Ive been having what I thought were nute issues...turned out to be ph...flushed with tons of water...runoff is 4 - 5...been feeding them at 6.5 consistently....do I need to feed them a ph of 9 to bring it where I want it???..I grow in pro-mix...nutes are GH one part series...thx people :)..I have about 15 plants showing advanced symptoms...about midway thru flowering...and stupidly didnt use dolomite...(Im still a noob)

Hi wifi,

There are others far more qualified than I to answer your question, but thought I'd give your post a bump and hopefully avoid you feeling all alone! LOL

I think I would be hesitant to water with a super high PH hoping to bring the soil PH up. I might try something little higher than normal - say 7.5'ish, but not as high as you suggested. Any chance you can get some fast acting lime and top dress the soil or peat moss?

I think Regular lime for the yard will take too long to break down to mitigate the ph issue quickly. Since I don't know your location this may not apply, but I found some fast acting (labeled "fast acting") at Lowes in a 6 pound bag for $5. or $6 bucks. It's 95% CaCo3 and works very quickly.

Good luck and hang in there!

thank you my friend....so lime will do it??? would mixing some with soil and topping off my containers work??? can I just mix some with water and water as normal??? lol...sorry for all the questions :p

No worries as to questions wifi, that's how we all learn. Yes, lime will increase the PH. Yes, mixing with a little soil and topping off your containers would definately work. Yes, I often add some to the water I'm going to use to water plants. I usually put it in a sock or some other porous container and let it sit in the water for a couple days before watering. I did put too much in once and let it sit for almost a week between waterings and really shocked the plants.

It was that experience that led me to make the suggestion of avoiding using really high ph water. I suggest a teaspoon or so per gallon of water would probably get you into the ph range your looking for. The lime mixed in the soil will take a little longer to break down and leach into the soil below but should help stabilise your ph over the next several weeks as your girls finish up.

Happy growing!

Alright, I went and got some dolomite lime, pulverized, cost three bucks...I took out as much of the soil in each container as I could, just to where I was exposing the top roots, then topped it off with fresh pro-mix with lime...then I watered them with lime water...the next week will tell if it made any difference...

Back
Top Bottom