Lowryder diesel stealth fridge grow

TheArchitect

After an unfortunate first grow consisting of 3 lowryders in a poorly constructed wood cabinet with only 3 CFL lights and one fan, and all the plants died when my friend forgot to water them when I went away for a week, I have completely redone my setup. I bought a small Haier fridge, 2 small computer fans, and a 12in.x12in. 45w red/blue LED light panel.

DSC_0926.JPG

DSC_0928.JPG

The computer fans are in the back and they're covered with those large cardboard and duct tape blocks so they don't leak a lot of light out the back. They are wired to cell phone chargers, 5v if my memory serves me well.

DSC_0931.JPG

One of the plants (far right) grew a couple inches shorter than the rest, and is also ahead of the other plants in terms of flowering by a good 4 or 5 days.

Following pictures are that plant:

DSC_0937.JPG

DSC_0936.JPG

DSC_0938.JPG

DSC_0940.JPG

One of the plants grew so tall it started to touch the lights, so I bent the stem of the plant with a small paper clip frame. The plant took it well and when they had their large fan leaves it helped to get some light on the lower areas, so I used the paper clip frames on all four plants, however I've only left them on the one plant because when I take them off the top goes into the lights again.

DSC_0934.JPG

DSC_0946.JPG

DSC_0933.JPG

DSC_0947.JPG

DSC_0950.JPG

Here's some nice close ups

DSC_0939.JPG

DSC_0942.JPG

DSC_0943.JPG

DSC_0945.JPG

Now the obvious question, what's with the yellowing? At first my plants' large fan leaves yellowed, dried up and fell off, but the smaller plant's fan leaves started yellowing a couple days ahead of the other three, and it happened a week or two into flowering, and after a brief panic I found out that's apparently normal. But then the smaller leaves that came in after the fan leaves fell off have started to yellow also. The plants are in standard potting soil from Lowe's and I've just given them tap water, so I'm assuming it's some sort of nutrient deficiency.

I'm sure they would benefit by a balanced fertilizer. A little N, P, and K will help your buds grow bigger and allow the leaves to stay on the plant longer.

Usually yellowing leaves is either, the lower, OLDER leaves whose time is over and Nature re-captures the nutrients from the old leaves into the main plant and the leaf color becomes yellow and dies and falls off, OR, you have a lack of Nitrogen...like FreakNature said, a few doses of N-P-K will help with all aspects of flowering, I hear sulphur helps?

Back
Top Bottom