Growing lowryder one by one

TheArchitect

I've always wanted to grow, but unfortunately I live in weed hell (in my state, having an ounce is a felony, and getting caught with a plant will more or less ruin your life). At college, I would want to grow, but some of the people I'm rooming with don't even smoke, and would of course be concerned with the landlord/cops. So this is my compromise:

I want to grow lowryder plants, and grow them one at a time. The idea is that since these plants are not sensitive to changes in lighting hours, I can take the plant out and put it under the light for whenever I'm in the house, and whenever I leave I can hide it in a box or something in the closet. Now when we have a party or something, and there's risk of cops being present at some point, the big pro to this plan is that ahead of time I can just put the plant in a backpack or something and bring it to a buddy's place for the night. Here are my questions,

since I'm only growing one at a time, the sex of a plant is of major concern. Since lowryders start budding almost immediately, how soon do they show sex? Should I play it safe and buy the feminized lowryder seeds or just go for some nice NYC Diesel/lowryder and just start over again if it's male?

if I'm only growing one plant, is taking it out during the day and some of the night and basically giving it light whenever I'm awake enough? I'm hoping that one small plant wouldn't be a problem, and I wouldn't need more than one strong light, and no fans or anything like that.

From what I know about lowrider its veg cycle is only 2 weeks long. So you will probably be able to pick out the males at week 3-4. However I dont see any good outcome in growing lowriders 1 at a time, unless your not a very heavey smoker. A lowrider can grow a minimum of 1 gram....Even if its been grown in perfect conditions. With lowrider you want to keep light on it as long as possible, and it will finish better.

doesnt seem like you are in the ideal situation to be growing pot. i would suggest a couple things, either find a spot outdoors to grow (off the beaten path away from other people) or go stealth and build a grow box out of a computer case, this would not look out of place in a dorm room, and if you have some $$$ to put into the project you can make it smell proof too.

transferring your plant to a friends house in a back pack is less than ideal, as is putting it in a box whenever you are not there. while lowryder is an auto flowering plant, its not gonna grow much spending most of the day in the dark.

I myself am growing a new trip of lowrider. These puppies are now close to 5 weeks old with no sign of sexing yet. They are about 20" tall and bushing nicer than any past trips. Mine are on a 20/4 light cycle. But I wish they wood hurry and start, need something for X-MAS ya-know. I feel for you on the states that have such backward laws. Take mine, it's still on the books that growing a major crop here could be, life without parole. And murder here is life with. Sucks huh. I think thats why the state is called Missery.

I guess you gave up on your grow, didn't seem like you really had to 'rite' place to do it anyways. Always scary when to many know your business anyways. If eveyone knows your business, you don't have any business. Good Luck iffin your still at it. Stay Down

Back
Top Bottom