Lowryder Grow

Re: setting sun's second lowryder grow

some pics of the harvest:

IMG_1769_Medium.JPG

IMG_1779_Medium.JPG

IMG_1788_Medium.JPG

IMG_1792_Medium.JPG

Gonna dry the buds in my cab for a few days and then jar them for curing. Smoke report and wrap-up when the buds are ready. I've already smoked some because I harvested Dew a week ago, but I want to sample a couple of more plants for purely research purposes before coming to any firm conclusions.

SS

That looks sweet brother. I so look forward to seeing my mine hanging up like that. That's some fine work bro...reps to you.

Peace, harmony, and big buds to you...:peace:

That looks sweet brother. I so look forward to seeing my mine hanging up like that. That's some fine work bro...reps to you.

Peace, harmony, and big buds to you...:peace:

Thanks bro!

I look at those buds and I can't believe I grew them, LOL.

Being able to share the grow was the most fun I've had with my pants on for a long time. I'm so glad I de-lurked.

regards,

SS

just curious, is lowryder more of an indica or stativa? I would assume indica due to your back pain:/
sorry if its a stupid question hahaha

just curious, is lowryder more of an indica or stativa? I would assume indica due to your back pain:/
sorry if its a stupid question hahaha

Actually, that's a really good question on many levels.

The genetics of lowryder come from Northern Lights, William's Wonder, and an auto-flowering ruderalis.

Northern Lights is a hybrid, but very much predominantly an indica.

William's Wonder is a fascinating plant. I'm going to cut and paste something that describes the strain:

"Williams Wonder is an original (Super Sativa Seed Club) seed stock developed for northern climates. It does not flower under a vegetative light cycle of 18/6. Ruderalis Hybrids tend to show this trait. Super Sativa Seed Club experimented with ruderalis but concluded that it had little value when breeding for high cannabinoid levels. WW most likely originated from early import pot from afghan seed. Selective breeding and climatization led to the growers goals of a super potent and early maturing variety. Not all shipments of import Afghanica pot were of early maturation, or of quality for that matter, and some of that pot was seeded by local feral patches. Some of the varieties now being grown from seed from imported Afghanica were in fact F1 hybrids contaminated with ruderalis and nepalize sativa type hemp plants.

Williams Wonder parent stock is very homogenous and probably originated from selective breeding done for thousands of years in a high mountain valley isolated from the main cross-contaminated Afghani (and highly variable) gene pool.

Approximately 60-65 days of flowering under 1000w lights to finish. Williams Wonder, is described as a special indica hybrid, that is short and squat in stature. It can not be flowered outdoors unless flowering is induced inside first. This indica hybrid was selected solely for indoor growing.

This short and squat strain packs a pronounced euphoric buzz that is felt mostly in the head.
" It's excellent herb with a lubricated definitive tasty finish. Incredible high, Absolutely Amazing. "
A connoisseur's private stash!"
marijuanagenetics.com

and................................

An early '80s marijuana strain that is mostly forgotten, except among old timers who will still claim this is the best marijuana type on the planet. Amongst apprentice tokers Williams Wonder is nothing but weed lore. Williams Wonder is thought to be extinct. My sticky resinous difficult to grind sample came from a trustworthy associate who swore repeatedly it's the real Williams Wonder. Providing specifics on growing. Williams Wonder marijuana high is all fantastic body stone. Awesome for those who need pain relief. Without clouding judgement. Research shows Reservoir Seeds revived this weed strain recently. Through their own marijuana breeding program. This marijuana type was first available via original marijuana seed bank Super Sativa Seed Club. A marijuana seed bank that sowed plenty of marijuana seeds back in the day. From SSSC seed bank catalog, "suitable for indoor commericial growing. Heavy yields of resinous bud. Small compact plant. 1500 - 2000 grams per sq meter. Two people could not finish a joint. Plant turned purple because of very cold fall." With the marijuana seeds recieving such a strong recommendation from Super Sativa Seed Club it's strongly possibly old timers who collect marijuana seeds do have some Williams Wonder marijuana genetics stashed away in a tin."

oooooooooooooooooooo

The ruderalis gene contributes the auto-flowering trait and not much to the buzz. It has very little psychoactive effect.

All three strains are indica or heavily indica dominant.

The buzz, however, is not typically indica and I think that is because of William's Wonder.

There is a lot of controversy over lowryder potency and quality. I think I understand why that is after smoking some.

I *love* the buzz, my wife isn't that crazy about it. This makes perfect sense since I prefer sativas and she prefers indicas.

This weed is euphoric to the max, like a sativa, and sativas help with my back pain more than indicas because a significant component of my back pain comes from muscle tension called "guarding." Sativas, with their cerebral buzz, distract me and decrease my muscle tension better than indicas.

That euphoria mentioned above is no lie. Nothing I have smoked affects my short-term memory more than lowryder. The only thing that even comes close is Trainwreck. I smoke some and nothing gets done for the next couple of hours because my memory is too screwed and I can't remember what I wanted to do.

It also hits your body pretty hard, but if you just prefer indicas , you're probably not going to like it much. I think it hits my head way harder than my body.

The euphoria, outside of the memory issue, is sublime. About one minute after smoking it, I'm in a far-off place thinking far-off thoughts;).

thanks for your question bro, I'm sure that's WAY more than you wanted to hear, LOL!

regards,

SS

A great rush of breeze, a shirrocco from Santa Anna is good for the little flighty bastards. Gives them that urge to merge with the fan blades and be gone. Your pet spider should be the self tethering kind, spacewalk approved. If the buffet is too sumptious for your arachnidian cohort, try giving them more air than they care for. Poisons got bad karma.

Thanks for the tip PG. Yeah, poison is bad juju. A fan seems like an easy way to make them move on when their job is done.

thanks bro!

great looking bud by the way:)

did u get the dry weight?

Did you mean the wet weight? I just chopped it today. If you are interested in the wet weight, I would be happy to weigh it.

regards,

SS

Vary nice harvest... + rep

Thanks BigSmokie!

regards,

SS

im gonna have to get my hands on some of those Lowryder seeds, thats fo sho!!!!!!!!!

I would go with LR2 if you get some. They are priced the same and from what I've seen and heard, LR2 has bigger yield and stronger buzz.

I like these LR buds just fine, but as long as the cost is the same, LR2 is a better deal, in my opinion.

regards,

SS

thanks for that lecture i enjoyed it very much:) hahaha

im happy to hear that it is a sativa. i might try out some LR2 seeds for my next grow after seeing your results.

I also need to get my hands on some williams wonder, sounds like a trip:smokin:

thanks for that lecture i enjoyed it very much:) hahaha

im happy to hear that it is a sativa. i might try out some LR2 seeds for my next grow after seeing your results.

I also need to get my hands on some williams wonder, sounds like a trip:smokin:

you're welcome!, lol

It's not really a sativa, it just an indica that has the euphoric Williams Wonder buzz, which is very sativa-like. It's sort of a hybrid buzz, but I think it's much more sativa/cerebral than indica/stoned.

Yeah, Williams Wonder is a trip. I'm going to research that strain more.

I weighed the buds wet last night. I think you asked about a weight.

They weighed 208 grams before drying, including the plant I harvested a week ago.

regards,

SS

LR sounds like my kind of bud with the cerebral high:) thats funny because i always thought it was mids smoke, and the main idea of its genetics was for indoor growers. hahaha

with that weight, it sounds like a sucessful harvest. :cheesygrinsmiley:

+rep for the work well done

Back
Top Bottom